Author Topic: Wal-Mart rock crawlers  (Read 3862 times)

Offline wagonman

• Level 1
Wal-Mart rock crawlers
« on: 12/26/05 - 03:37PM »
what do you all think about the 1:6 scale rock crawlers from wally world? :jamminz:
quot;You're never lost... If you don't care where you are."

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: Wal-Mart rock crawlers
« Reply #1 on: 12/26/05 - 04:15PM »
There's about 6 or 7 of us on here that have them.  At least one with the Scorpion model the rest Jeeps.  I did see the Scorpion at Wal-Mart last week.

Good deal for the money compared to building one from a kit and spending way over $500.

We all need to get together and have a comp or something with them.  Rocky has extremely modified his, I think it's listed in the Tech or Fab forum on here.

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline wagonman

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 12/26/05 - 07:16PM »
My wife and mom got together and got it for me. I had the scorpion (the smaller one) and it did'nt last long.  This one seems to be a little stronger!! If you're going to Disney, you should bring yours, maybe we can have that compatition there?

Offline acorn

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 12/26/05 - 07:18PM »
I've been wondering about those.  I haven't been able to find one, but I'm curious.  How much do they cost?
01 TJ Sport, black under tinted spice
31X10.5 Kumho MTs
Warn Rockcrawler and shackles up front
Nth Oil Pan & Warn Steering Skids
1" BL/BMML & JKS Quicker Disconnects

Offline wagonman

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 12/26/05 - 07:44PM »
the small ones are $50, the big ones are $150, a small price to pay, for hours of fun!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #5 on: 12/27/05 - 11:58AM »
If you want more info on them, go to www.rccrawler.com
They have a forum set up for the Nylint Scorpion Rockcrawlers, even though the Jeeps are more prevalent.  They are supposed to be making a Bronco body for it eventually, but no one knows if it's going to be an early Bronco, or OJ Simpson style...

Keith

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 12/27/05 - 01:11PM »
I have the 1:18 Have cut and reversed the tires added bb's added an inch to rear and custom painted.  I have got to comp cut rear due to I am flexing into the body.  Will try to post some pics later of it plan on getting the big one after the first and modifying it.  In the process of building my own frame for an rccrawler also.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline wagonman

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 12/27/05 - 07:29PM »
I took mine out today to do some climbing, and the darn front diff is slipping. I don't know what's up with that but I guess that will be wal-marts problem! I gonna try to get another one if they have them.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #8 on: 12/27/05 - 09:25PM »
The axles have very thin drive belts like a VCR that run from the motor to the axles themselves.  After being bound up they glaze over and slip pretty easy.  Some have taken them apart and replaced with o-rings, but they just snap instead of slip.

Keith

Offline heath_ster

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 12/27/05 - 11:40PM »
I got the big jeep and I keep breaking :crackup:  axle pins in the rear, toy company is sending me a new diff :beerchug:  but I think some jb weld is in order, the plastic axle is  just weak
ahara w/6" lift 1" body,and alot of accesories<br /><br />2008 Sponsors:<br />S&S Auto, Staun, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4

Offline wagonman

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 12/28/05 - 12:31AM »
well I got my new one tonight so we'll see how long it lasts.

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 12/28/05 - 10:39AM »
Hell I was driving mine last night over at the park and rolled it into the stream.  Alll I could see wear the tires rest was upside down under water.  Got it home and dried her out all is good.  
Here's acopule of pics let me kknow if they don't work.
my sons from the side

SOns from the front

mine from the side

mine crushing the bunny
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #12 on: 12/28/05 - 02:21PM »
Hey Louie, they came out with a new Red one with Black cage in the 1/18th scale.  I haven't seen them in stores yet, just on the net.

I think my steering motor belt is slipping now.  It won't turn unless I'm moving forward or reverse.  I need to take it apart and see if I can upgrade the steering a little.

You need to add a disclaimer that no live animals were harmed in the photos.

Offline MrsRebel

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 12/29/05 - 04:21PM »
I got Rebel one for Christmas and well he loves it.  More like he loves to torment the cats and Madelyn.  I told him that it was better than dreaming of him building one.  He could at least play with this while building it.

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 12/29/05 - 06:11PM »
Just finished my tummy tuck.  FLipped front arms also.  Will see how she works when I get home.  My next move is to rotate rear axle up, lengthen front, dovetail, custom sliders, more tire weight and repaint.  will post pics and video tomorrow.
2009 Sponsors: