Author Topic: i need help with motorcraft carb  (Read 1056 times)

Offline bck4more

• Level 1
i need help with motorcraft carb
« on: 06/22/10 - 12:47PM »
Well ive got an motorcraft 2100 on my 87 but i cant seem to get it set correct or something becasue the idle seems to change on it time to time. Anyone know who i can get to help me out
Live it and learn by it.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: i need help with motorcraft carb
« Reply #1 on: 07/ 5/10 - 08:16AM »
Start looking for vacuum leaks.  If none, do a "nutter bypass" (search for it on web).  If that doesn't help, Buy a Weber carb.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Re: i need help with motorcraft carb
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 7/10 - 12:32PM »
If you don't have the experience to find a prolem on one of the simplest multi venturi carbs ever made (MC) DON't get a Weber!  They are a much more complex!  (No, I am not hating on Webers... they are fine carbs, but certainly not for the inexperienced)

Give us some more details here... does this only happen at idle?  If you give a little gas to increase the rpm and hold it (like, say 1500) will it start to do the same thing there?  What motor is this on?  What did you take off of?  If it's an 87, it probably has the (NASTY) altitude compensator sticking out the back and is actually a 2150, not a much more simplistic 2100. 

Rebuild is super simple on these.  Instructions available on several sites on the internet.  A lot cheaper than buying another carb!  Cheap kits available on EBAY. 
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles