Author Topic: Anyone know where I can get my XJ's computer programmed for the new cam?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline sparx

• Level 1
  • fear the Xj Wagg! lol
I put a new cam in my XJ when I built my Jeeps stroker motor. I need to have the computer set for the new cams lift and duration and stuff and I don't know any places or what kinda place to take the Jeep to, but winter is coming up and I don't drive my 5.9 In the winter so if any one has any ideas it would be a great help and appreciated! 8)
Yep, I'm a Jeep Cherokee person

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
Are you sure you need to get your pcm reprogrammed. Most of the stroker set ups I have seen just have an adjustable map sensor and bigger injectors so when the computer opens the injector it dumps more fuel.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline sparx

• Level 1
  • fear the Xj Wagg! lol
I have an adjustable map sensor in the Jeep with stock injectors and i can't get it to keep it from making a black cloud of smoke when you either take off, rev it and idle sometimes. Because It has to much fuel it has no power, I don't know what else to do to it, and it has a decent sized cam and I figured that might be whats causing it to do that because of the bigger lift and duration of the cam. Timing is OK, and when I do get a clean idle i have no power hardly, and every once in a while I hit a mark where it seems to go into a OPEN, it acts like it is looking for something because the idle levels out and runs clean for like 30 seconds and then becomes rich again and it keeps doing that when I get it in that setting.
Yep, I'm a Jeep Cherokee person

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
Are you sure your injectors are good. Are they atomizing correctly have you done any ingnition upgrades I don't know if you have raised compression ratio at all.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon