Author Topic: blower fan  (Read 1434 times)

Offline mr green jeep

blower fan
« on: 12/18/10 - 11:16AM »
Hey folks, I'm new to your club but a proud jeep owner for 12 years. I love the life style but my heater blower died. it has fac. air i never use but how do i get to the heater fan? There are 3 wires connecting to the front of the housing by the filtered vent. Is that the blower wires. By the way eletric and i don't like each other much. and is thwt where the fan is.
All the pics i look at don't match what i have. eather i fix the fan or install a inverter and mount a space heater. HELP

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: blower fan
« Reply #1 on: 12/18/10 - 01:41PM »
I have a fan for it the heater box and all is out of the jeep so you can see where everything is at.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #2 on: 12/18/10 - 02:42PM »
The blower motor is on the back side of the heater box, underneath your dash, the back of the blower motor is under the battery and it sticks through the firewall(round cylinder thing. To pull teh motor you have to pull the whole heater box out. Disconnect all control cables and electrical from teh box, the box is held to the firewall with 4-5 bolts that stick through the firewall and you just unscrew the nuts and in theory the whole thing should come out from under the dash...

alex
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline mr green jeep

« Reply #3 on: 12/18/10 - 03:35PM »
how long should the theory take? I want to do it myself but is it worth it? I shouldn't have to remove the heater core rite? 

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 12/19/10 - 12:06PM »
the heater core come out to as it is in the box.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #5 on: 12/19/10 - 03:03PM »
yeah, as larry said, the heater core is inside the black box that's under the dash. It's not really hard work to do, and it's not an all day project either. Not too time consuming. Oh and unhook the heater hoses that go to the fire wall too when you pull the black box.
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline mr green jeep

« Reply #6 on: 12/22/10 - 10:02AM »
Thanks for qall your input. It's always a good time working on the jeep. Now on my way home the other night I noticed at dusk I have no low beam head lights. lol It took my awhile in the cold on the side of the road to figure that I had high beams only. Is that a problem in the blinker dimmer switch?
  And good time where had by all
 :102:

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 12/22/10 - 10:56AM »
your dimmer switch is on the column left side about half way to the floor. it has 2 bolts[screws] holding it down they are 7mm or 8mm heads if i remember right.

Offline mr green jeep

« Reply #8 on: 12/22/10 - 01:05PM »
Thanks crazy Larry,
I will look for it.