Author Topic: Locker for the front  (Read 1901 times)

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
Locker for the front
« on: 10/25/06 - 10:05PM »
Ok, I've decided on putting a locker in the front of my wrangler. I want to stick with one that I can install without messing with the gears. I've narrowed it down to the Aussie Locker, or the Lock Rite. Which one do you guys have the most experiance with as far as recommendations?
The Aussie locker looks to have fewer parts. What do you think? Thanks Mark

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
Re: Locker for the front
« Reply #1 on: 10/25/06 - 11:10PM »
I'm a big fan of the Loc-Rite.  I just put one in My TJ, and off road, it is incredible.  On the road, well, it is hard to explane, but turning is a lot harder now.  I still do not regret putting it in.  

Go with the loc-rite!

My $.02
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline Mo_Corley

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 10/25/06 - 11:13PM »
Whichever you can find cheapest.  I have heard the Aussie is a little smoother and everyone I know who has one loves it.  I run a lockright in my front and its great.

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 10/25/06 - 11:31PM »
Mo, By having it in the front, does it do as good as you thought it would? Is there anyplace local that carries these lockers? Thanks mark

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 10/26/06 - 10:13AM »
I run the lokrite in the front of my rig.  Has held up very well.  4 wheelers supply can get it for you.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 10/26/06 - 10:27AM »
Lockrites work, and are the best bang for the buck.  I've run them in 3 different rigs in the front.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 10/26/06 - 08:15PM »
Thanks guys, I'll check them out. It would be nice to be able to buy close to home instead of on the internet. thanks Mark

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 10/31/06 - 12:11AM »
I run an Aussie in the front and a Lockrite in the rear.  I like the Aussie better.  They look and operate the exact same.  But the Aussie does seem to be quieter for some reason.  It was also cheaper.

Blueyellow

« Reply #8 on: 10/31/06 - 12:55AM »
I am gonna say Lockrites Front and rear great deal for the Money. Buy it online and get it installed Locally get ahold of me and I'll give you agreat guy to install it
Al

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #9 on: 10/31/06 - 09:12AM »
If you want to buy local, check out  http://www.ozarksjeepin.com/

Tim's a good guy, just getting started up.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline thomud

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 11/30/06 - 10:58PM »
If you want to talk to someone about the Aussie locker, try John at Marko Customs, (http://www.markocustoms.com/index.htm). He runs them in his Comp. rig, and I believe he is going to be running them in his buggy also. He has ran the loc-right before also. I haVE an Aussie in my rear 44.
Run what ya brung, and hope ya brung enough"