Author Topic: Washita Trip  (Read 2985 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Washita Trip
« on: 01/22/14 - 10:01PM »
Everyone who is planning on going to Washita in Feb please post up below.  I've added preliminary details on the trip with more to come.

Depart on Feb 14th for Farmington roughly 3.5 hours of driving.  Haven't decided on when I am leaving yet if at noon or at 5pm. 

Will be staying at Super 8 in Farmington both Friday and Saturday evenings.  If you want to stay at a more upscale the Holiday Inn as well as the Hampton Inn are only a block or two away.  Super 8 does have lots of room for tow rigs/trailers.

Will wheel by the rules and times at Washita on Saturday there is no on site camping!

Plan on going out for dinner & drinks Saturday night right around the Super 8.  There is a steak & Shake as well as a good bbq place.  Will decide which we want as a group that day.

Sunday morning depart for Springfield.

Please let me know if there are any questions.  Washita is a park with trails from very easy to moderately difficult. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline JKdupjoy

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Re: Washita Trip
« Reply #1 on: 01/22/14 - 10:14PM »
Kevin and I will be going. Will only be driving up one Jeep.  Sounds like fun and can't wait to have a blast.

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/14 - 10:20PM »
Robin and I are planning on going, looking forward to it!

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/14 - 10:37PM »
I'll be there
Take it out and play with it!

Offline msk2011

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/14 - 10:44PM »
I'm in but would rather leave later on friday.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 01/23/14 - 09:11AM »
This particular park requires that every vehicle have a working CB, be sure to have one before we get out there, I would hate to see someone drive 3.5 hours out there and not be able to wheel because they don?t have the required equipment.

Here are the rules I grabbed from the Washita Facebook page:
Rules of the park as set forth by the owner:
 1)Waivers must be signed before entering the park. Everyone rides at their own risk. Know your limitations and do not exceed the capabilities of your vehicle.

2) NO alcoholic beverages or mind-altering substances allowed in the trail riding area. Cooler checks will happen. If you have alcohol in your cooler, you will be asked to leave your cooler at the front gate are to pick up on your way out. Failure to remove your cooler will result in your being turned away from wheeling on the property.

3) Litter laws are strictly enforced. Place litter in an appropriate trans can or "Pack it in pack it out"

4) "Tread Lightly". Ride only on established trails ONLY. Do NOT blaze your own trails, venture into the woods or in the area roped off for the firing range.

5) Do not remove or destroy trees, shrubs, plants or animals. We want them to remain for everyone to enjoy. Please use tree saver straps when winching. If there is a tree down across a trail, please do not create a new path around it. Either cut it or winch it out of the way and let the Marshalls know so it can be addressed during trail clean up

6) NO HUNTING OR SHOOTING ON PROPERTY

7) Dogs are welcome but must be leashed. If your dog is aggressive to people or other animals, please leave it at home.

8 ) Operating Hours are: 9-6. The park gates will CLOSE at 6 PM so please plan accordingly. If you experience a breakage or get stuck that will prevent you from being out of the park by 6, you need to call the Marshalls by 5:30 so someone can come and assist you or a plan can be made to get you out safely and you can return another day to extricate your vehicle. A number will be provided on a park map.

9)Excessive speed and reckless driving are not permitted. You will be asked to leave the park.

10) All operators of off road vehicles must have a valid driver's license and may be asked to present those by park officials or the Marshalls. NO one under age 18 will be permitted to drive a vehicle within the park.

11) Anyone under 18 will need to be with a parent or have a notarized permission form from a parent to ride in the park. Parents will need to sign a waiver at the park for their minor child. All children need to be under the supervision and control of their parents. PLEASE remind your child to stay away from between vehicles, vehicles being winched or tugged with a strap or spotted up an obstacle for the safety of your child.

12) Passengers in vehicles will all sign a waiver of liability.

13) Every passenger/driver in a vehicle must have a seatbelt and will be expected to wear them on park grounds at all times.

14) All vehicles must have a fully enclosed metal cab or roll cage of some sort, functioning seat belts, working 4-wheel drive, frame mounted tow points (NO WELDS), working communication (CB) and must be in good working order for the safety of the occupants of the vehicle as well as others on the trail with you/Marshalls trying to help you.

15) Be courteous of other drivers and Marshalls on the trail.

16) Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the park will result in your being asked to leave the park or possibly being banned from the property. No refunds will be given.

17) No single vehicles wheeling alone. If you come to the park alone, please plan to join a group for your safety. Groups, please welcome single wheelers into your groups for the safety of all.

18) The park is not liable nor responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property or to your vehicle or visitors. You are participating at your own risk. If you choose to run your vehicle without insurance, please understand you will be financially responsible for injury to another individual or damage to their vehicle. A police report will be filed.

I have heard that #18 has changed and insurance is actually required but I have not been able to find this just yet. 

Take it out and play with it!

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 01/23/14 - 09:50AM »
I'm in.  FYI, #14 can include welded shackle mount on a aftermarket bumper.  At least mine was accepted, but need to get clarification from Susan from MWTJ (trail marshal).

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 01/23/14 - 09:55AM »
Oh! I would also like to thank Aaron for sharing his Birthday with us! 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 01/23/14 - 10:44PM »
Should be a good trip. Just hoping I can get mine ready.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 01/25/14 - 11:24PM »
Teresa and I are in and looking forward to it.

Offline Red Oak

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 01/26/14 - 12:02AM »
sounds like a fun time. think we will head up early Friday and goof off between here and there. see ya at the hotel
Stupidity got me into this mess, Why can't it get me back out?!?

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 01/26/14 - 12:31AM »
Rick we are also going up early on Friday the 14th, see your there!

Offline DirtyXJ

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 4/14 - 07:40PM »
I noticed the Marty Crawl has changed to the weekend for Washita. Is that going to effect this trip at all?
 We have rooms already and are planning on heading down Friday after Shawna gets off of work, I figure around 6. What time is everyone planning on leaving? We are going to trailer the Cherokee this time because that's a long drive in that old thing. Lots of vibrations and my control arm bushings are shot. 
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy Shit... What a Ride!'"

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: 02/ 4/14 - 07:48PM »
As far as I know, this trip won't be affected. Robin and I are heading to Farmington around noon and we too already have room reserved. Looks like it's going to be a great group! We are also towing Jeep on trailer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #14 on: 02/ 4/14 - 08:31PM »
I'm still planning on going.  Jeep most likely won't be done so I'll be towing a ride.  Did you guys reserve at Super 8?