Author Topic: GOt Kicked out of Fridays  (Read 2313 times)

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
GOt Kicked out of Fridays
« on: 09/29/06 - 10:14AM »
I wil l never give this company or any of its affiliates a penny of my business ever again If you would please repost this.

Here's the spill. 4 of us go into TGI Fridays last night to have a drink or two and talk. we order 2 mixed drinks 1 wine and 1 beer. THen 2 more mixed drinks and then I stopped drinking so I could drive home. MY buddy goes to the bar and ask for the shot list just to look at mind you and the manager then proceeds to come over and tell us that they will not serve us anymore. WE are not being loud, or unruly just carrying on polite conversation and catching up with old friends. Where in the hell do they get their business ethics from? I have never been cut off after 2 drinks. That is usually my appatizer for dinner. Lets put the word out so maybe this will not happen to anyone else. We should all be able to have fun and not have our rights walked on. Peace Out
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
Re: GOt Kicked out of Fridays
« Reply #1 on: 09/29/06 - 10:51AM »
this kind of thing happend to me and a couple of my friends but at cartoons, but they callled the police on us and the only thing we done was spill one drink and i even cleaned up the mess.
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #2 on: 09/29/06 - 11:10AM »
Quote from: "freds_94"
this kind of thing happend to me and a couple of my friends but at cartoons, but they callled the police on us and the only thing we done was spill one drink and i even cleaned up the mess.

Yeah, but you're a lush Vonda!!! j/k :beer:
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/06 - 11:18AM »
Our Bill was 37.00 between the 4 of us.  I have had that bill at the same bar by myself and they asked me if I wanted more.   I would say that this manager will be looking for a new job real soon and won't be coming to work for me or anyone I know because he sucks.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #4 on: 09/29/06 - 11:25AM »
I don't eat out in springfield, because I'm a smoker, and springfield doesn't want or need Me to bring my buisness to town.  

I will eat fast food every now and then, but that is it.  

Springfield resteraunts can pack sand up it for all I care.....
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 09/29/06 - 11:38AM »
I guess they don't understand the concept of serving your customer.  Lets just look at the bill versus drinking at home.

theirs
Beer 3.00 x2=      6.00
wine 4.00             4.00
mixed 5.50 x4=  22.00

Total $32.00                              

What i would have spent at home or at the clever bar
30 pack of stones 15.99
Bottle of whiskey  15.00
bottle of wine         7.00
total $37.99 and had alot left over.  I am in the wrong business these guys are making a killing on drinks and I thought it was a crime to rape someone.  Well I will be doing my drinking at home or the little country bars from now on.
2009 Sponsors:

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #6 on: 09/29/06 - 11:57AM »
Quote from: "highsociety"
I am in the wrong business these guys are making a killing on drinks and I thought it was a crime to rape someone.  Well I will be doing my drinking at home or the little country bars from now on.

Yeah, liquer by the drink is a racket.  But the liquer license cost quite a bit and insurance.  If I have a drink somewhere I get just one and then have water after with dinner.  It kills me to see the buckets of 7 bottles for $15 on "special" at a bar.  I'd rather have a few folks over at the house and BS with a few drinks and not have to worry about how much it's costing me.  At least at home I don't have to hear screaming kids in the restaurant booth next to me.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 09/29/06 - 12:14PM »
I just sent the headquarters of Fridays a little message to let them know what kind of business is happening here in Springfield and let them know that this has been posted on the web on Myspace.  Lets see what the information superhighway can do.
2009 Sponsors:

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 09/29/06 - 12:17PM »
i am a lush, i always get suckered into being the designated driver
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 09/29/06 - 12:20PM »
Quote from: "Bradman"
Springfield resteraunts can pack sand up it for all I care.....

Being a smoker myself - your right.  I still eat out in Springfield every once and a while but Republic and Nixa have some really nice places.

OH - and it's POUND sand.  LOL J/k

Quote from: "LibertyDude"
I don't have to hear screaming kids in the restaurant booth next to me.

I'll just bring Brandon over to your house. HEHE  He doesn't really scream anymore but if you piss him off he will punch you!!  :biggrin:

Louie - which one was it?  I have run into some of the worst service in Springfield lately.  I used to tip solely on my drinks = if it never gets below 1/2 then the tip is normally 20 to 25 percent.  I went to a Chinese place in Republic last night and the guy was good, almost annoying, and he got 25 percent.  BUT I have left a resturant allot here lately not leaving anything.  Tell us which one and we will get drunk and boycott it!! LOL
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 09/29/06 - 12:39PM »
Its the one over by the mall I thought about posting up flyers about it all over the area.  I think it will be taken care of by the home office since I just sent them an email.
2009 Sponsors:

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #11 on: 09/29/06 - 01:50PM »
Have you posted this on Pirate yet? :agree:  :beerchug:

and Brad, I don't care if they pack it, or pound it!!!!!!!!!
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 10/ 1/06 - 06:04PM »
Maybe ya'll should come to Oxford. Everything here caters to the Ole Miss students and their rich alumni parents. The bars and restraunts will serve you till it runs out the top. And it seems that you can even drive drunk and kill sober people. It happened here a couple of years ago. a drunk student had a head on and killed a sober student who was , I think, was on her way to pick up[ some friends who had called for a ride. The jury found him guilty. But the judge gave him one year to serve, which he served ten months. The judge even let him wait until he was out of school for the year to start his sentence. I think this sets a wonderful example for those that are knee walking drunk and drive. It's very comforting to know that there are people like this on the road with my wife, daughter, and son. By the way, Ole Miss was given the title of the number five "party school" in the U.S.A.    By the way again, I've been a deputy sheriff here in Lafayette County for nine years and between the wrecks and dealing with them at the ball games, I have a pretty low opinion of drunks.  Just my opinion.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: 10/ 1/06 - 11:42PM »
At least at home I don't have to hear screaming kids in the restaurant booth next to me.

hey those were my screaming kids......lol

i have been kicked out of many fine establishments, but never after 2 beers.  the ones around here normally ask if i am driving, if i am not they let me go on, but normally if i am, 2 beers and then i eat and im done.

now if my tea glass stays empty for more than a few minutes, ill raise hell and rant and rave. i like my tea, i like it alot....
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #14 on: 11/15/06 - 08:31PM »
so what was the final outcome on this ?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson