Author Topic: We Lost An Officer Here  (Read 1253 times)

Offline DBox

• Level 1
We Lost An Officer Here
« on: 11/ 2/06 - 11:41PM »
I don't know if ya'll heard about this or not. I was letting everything sort of settle down before I sent it out. At approximately 0200 hours on 10-21-06 Officer Robert Langley, K-9 Officer with the University Police Department here at Ole Miss lost his life during a traffic stop. It was reported that the vehicle was driven by 20 year old Daniel Cummings, a second year freshmen at the University Of Mississippi. Officer Langley was dragged approximately 200 yards down West Jackson Avenue before he fell to the pavement. Mr Cummings did not stop. He was apprehended without incident a short time later and has been charged with capitol murder and the case is under intense investigation at this time. Officer Langley had returned fron 14 months in Afganistan in April 06. He leaves a wife, four young children, and Truus, his K-9 partner. There has been a tremendous outpouring of support for Ms Langley and the children from the University, students, and the community. The Dailey Mississippian, the paper at Ole Miss, stated that on Saturday at the Ole Miss/Auburn game here students passed buckets to collect donations and were able to get over $114,000. I work for the Lafayette Sheriff Department here and was working that night and was at the E.R. when Officer Langley was air lifted to the Trauma Center in Memphis. He was pronounced dead at approximately 1000 hours. This was a real shock and effected the whole community. I'd appreciate it if you could add a quick line in your prayers for the Langleys.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: We Lost An Officer Here
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 3/06 - 02:11AM »
I'll add them in mine.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline ozarkjeeper

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 3/06 - 05:08AM »
I spent 12 years as a K-9 Deputy myself, the family will be added to our prayers?. it is a hard time for all and an eye opener to how fast things in life can go deadly wrong.  
  I  lost a fellow K-9 Deputy to a accident in 2000, even his K-9 never recovered from his partners loss and was later retired.
hat do I do now,...The Bigger Hammer BROKE!

www.ozarksjeepin.com

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 3/06 - 11:01AM »
Done.  

I could never never be in Law Enforcement, too much a smarta$$.  I respect the LEO's that can keep their composure in "high stress situations", such as arresting murderers, rapists, etc.  I would probably just shoot them and save us all a little money.  Thanks for doing what you do.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 3/06 - 11:43AM »
:usflag:

X2 what Brad said.

Our prayers will be with the families.  

I hope they use this oppertunity to bring back public hangings.  I'll be more than happy to supply the rope.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 5/06 - 05:23PM »
So sorry to hear about the loss.  They will deffinately be in our prayers.
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa