Author Topic: F'n ice...  (Read 1563 times)

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
F'n ice...
« on: 01/27/09 - 01:37AM »
After a 80 minute drive home, the ice is really starting to accumulate on the branches down here. I have a feeling there will be some tree carnage tomorrow morning. I can hear them creaking from the back porch.
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
Re: F'n ice...
« Reply #1 on: 01/27/09 - 02:06AM »
Thats sucks, we got mainly sleet in Bolivar, lots of it but nothing that stuck to trees and such.....I dont think.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 01/27/09 - 04:22AM »
I've been driving in it all nite going to help out people who can't leave campus.  Chick in front of me in a diesel excusion did a 180 on National... I walked to her door and she was say OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.... it was funny.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 01/27/09 - 11:42AM »
Ice on trees means breaking lines....

My Grandmother lives in Potosi and she just got a letter form her electric company a couple of weeks ago that stated, "the landowner is now responsible for triming the trees on their property.  If powerlines are damaged on the landowners property due to lack of maintenance, the landowner is responsible for any repairs and damages."

Just thought I would through that little tid-bit out there since that is related to what you guys are talking about.  I couldn't believe it when I read it.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 01/27/09 - 12:26PM »
That really sucks... I thought the power company had an easement through my land and it was up to them to maintain that easement. Fortunately, most of the lines cross over to the other  side of the fence before they get to the trees, so it would be my neighbor's problem.  =))
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 01/27/09 - 03:47PM »
Ice on trees means breaking lines....

My Grandmother lives in Potosi and she just got a letter form her electric company a couple of weeks ago that stated, "the landowner is now responsible for triming the trees on their property.  If powerlines are damaged on the landowners property due to lack of maintenance, the landowner is responsible for any repairs and damages."

Just thought I would through that little tid-bit out there since that is related to what you guys are talking about.  I couldn't believe it when I read it.

Sounds like Grandma needs to get a ladder and the fake a slip/fall from it while trying to trim the trees, then effectively sue the watts out of the electric company. I had something similar with Dish Network when I quit them, they said it was my responsibility to climb up on the roof and take the LNB inputs off the dish to send back to them, even though they installed it. I told them I would try but it would be hard having only one leg after and automobile accident, and that if I fell I would hold them responsible. They told me never mind, keep the LNB inputs.  :P true story.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 01/27/09 - 10:38PM »
That's hilarious Jimmy.  Congrats on the LNB's.   :78:
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 01/28/09 - 04:16PM »
I just got the word from State Park Marina that the ice build-up on my houseboat dock caused a cave-in.  As it turns out, the (15-20) boats at the end of our dock are holding the roof up!  The dock fingers are at water level now, but in their words 'no boats have sank yet'.  This ought to be a test of insurance and marina customer service! :'(
Mo Printer