Author Topic: Now Hiring  (Read 868 times)

Offline iJeep

• Level 4
Now Hiring
« on: 02/ 4/09 - 05:10PM »
I'm thinking about hiring a part time seasonal person (our season runs until May or June).

The pay is terrible.

The hours are easy.

The boss is a jerk.

Benefits include heat in the winter, a/c in the summer (though the boss is too cheap to keep the temperature comfortable) and discounts on parts.

Duties include answering the phone, cleaning the warehouse, putting up the tools away after I'm done working on stuff, cleaning, shipping, receiving, putting returns on eBay and doing anything else I don't want to do or don't have time to do.

You Must: (these are based on past experiences with employees when I thought it went without saying)
Be able to read
Be able to count to 1000 accurately
Be able to spell and put together a coherent sentence
Know how to use a computer
Be able to show up to work consistently
Have phone etiquette
Be able to show up to work sober (hung over from the night before is not considered sober)

Things that are a plus:
High school diploma
Being good with eBay
Mechanical skills

Things that don't matter:
College education
Knowing more about the stuff we sell than anybody else in the world (this is probably a negative)

To Apply:

E-Mail kevin(at)4ws.com (replace (at) with @) with your resume, available hours to work, best way to contact you and some info about yourself.
DO NOT call or come in to the shop about the job.  I don't have enough free time right now to talk to every applicant about the job.  I will reply to your e-mail to let you know I got the application.  You can also PM me on this board.