Author Topic: Flat Nasty Poll  (Read 2367 times)

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
Flat Nasty Poll
« on: 07/23/06 - 11:09PM »
Now that Seymour is closed for awhile, anyone intrested in going some place new   "Flat Nasty OffRoad Park" ?

Does anyone in the club know anything about this park and how difficult is the trails compared to Seymour. The cost is the same. Would like to get a group going if the trails are doable for lightly lifted vehicles. It was brought to my attention at the Sho N Shine if we were going to be doing any trail runs to any place new. So here is your chance for new?

www.flatnasty.net

Shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Blueyellow

Re: Flat Nasty Poll
« Reply #1 on: 07/24/06 - 12:14AM »
I Have heard good things about this park I would be all for it. Just give me ample time to save up the cash to do it
Al

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 07/24/06 - 02:06AM »
Love to go.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 07/24/06 - 07:10PM »
no comparison to our park :boink: . mosts there trails are man made so the rocks move..........but give it  a try you might like it :cool:

brandon
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #4 on: 07/24/06 - 08:47PM »
I'm up for something new, if I can get off work.  Acording to there map, most of there trails are rated "extreme", but it is always a good idea to suport parks close to home.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 07/25/06 - 09:51AM »
They have a very nice set up there.  They even have a shuttle to take you to the river and back so you can plan a long weekend and float.  He also hides cash once a month in the woods and leaves it til its found.  The trails are easy to oh my god why.  Moroc is hosting the state championship woods race there the second weekend of september and a trail run the first weekend I believe.   heres there site for more info
http://www.flatnasty.net
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 07/25/06 - 11:27AM »
I've been there a couple times and Ron is a cool guy and very helpful.  The park has everything as far as range of trails but he seems to specialize in harder trails which make up the majority of the park.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #7 on: 07/25/06 - 09:59PM »
Quote from: "JacksFork"
no comparison to our park

only the fact they are OPEN :moon:
I like jeeps!!!

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 07/26/06 - 09:46AM »
Yes kinda hard to make a park work when they are closed because it to hot.  What is that?
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 07/26/06 - 10:22AM »
this was a thread about going someplace new and trying new park we are not here to question why Seymour park is closed, or to bash the park. Its their buisness and they can do as they please. Im sure they have their reasons. Just be thankfull that we have a place close to home that we can wheel at. As far as this threaad goes Iam requesting that a moderator lock this thread and forget about it or a run to Flat Nasty.

Jon
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS OJT
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 07/26/06 - 10:24AM »
<<<<<<<<<<<<EDITED TO APPEASE EVERYONE>>>>>>>>>>>>

If I could get my Jeep done I would be interested to go to Flat Nasty.

Quote from: "highsociety"
Yes kinda hard to make a park work when they are closed because it to hot.  What is that?

FWIW - I talked/asked about this and was told that it was due to the fact that "they" just sit and wait for people to show up.  If I had to sit in the heat for a couple of vehicles all day long I would do the same thing.  I am sure that they will get on here and tell you tho.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #11 on: 07/26/06 - 11:18AM »
This thread was requested to be locked, but there are still positive votes for going to Flat Nasty.  As Jon said, this thread was started to see if there was any interest in going to a different park for a change.  If you don't think you can make the trails, then don't go or see if you can ride with someone who can.  Then you can see what it's like to ride some extreme trails and if you would ever want to build a rig that can do them.

Again, this topic is for interest in Flat Nasty, not questioning any other parks business.  Keep you posts on topic or they will be deleted.  I don't know if anyone has noticed, but on JU and other sites thread have to be policed all the time, we don't here because we try to show respect to members and businesses that support our club.  Keep your posts on topic and respectful and we won't have to delete or edit your posts.

Thank you,
The Management...

So, who wants to go to Flat Nasty??  And remember, you can vote without having to post a reason why, or why not.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #12 on: 07/26/06 - 06:02PM »
I think a float trip and some wheeling would be great.  Let's go!!
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 07/26/06 - 08:07PM »
It was said well. Try spending 50-100 dollars to open the place and sitting all day in the hot sun for 20 bucks. We are running a buisness and we all aggreed that two weekends a month would be beneficial to useand the 4x4s ers.

We cant wait till were so busy that we can be open every weekend. I am sorry we have inconvienced the spur of the moment wheelers but we felt the majority of 4 wheelers planed there trips. Please stay tuned to the website for the scheduled dates ( not in stone ) but its looking like its going to be the first and the third weekend of the month. Events that are already scheduled will go on as planned.

And as far as things go for the mooner, have some knowledge  next time about what your speaking about. Flat nasty is owend by a retired couple that lives on the propety, there in they dont have the over head as we do to open, and last i have  been there, and they do cater to the extreme. So go for it....but be carefull and not reck daddys jeep :owned:
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline Liberty03

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 07/26/06 - 08:37PM »
Geez, I just paid my dues for the year, and to be honest I hadn't until last weekend because of crap like this from some OJT members.  

The thread is about going to Flat Nasty, which is where quite a few Capital City Cralwers and MWJT members go and have a great time, I know some of them and have seen their rigs that go.

I also didn't see where this thread was about whose park is better or whatnot.  I very close to having my Jeep built and would definately be interested in a run to Flat Nasty, I am also glad we have other parks close by such as SMORR and can't wait to get out on them.

Why don't we try to go to Flat Nasty around the 16th of Sept, according to their calendar they don't have an event that weekend.

I'm with Keith, lets keep this a civilized thread.