Author Topic: Spacer question  (Read 1834 times)

Offline hotshot

• Level 1
Spacer question
« on: 02/24/09 - 02:55PM »
Last night I put a winch on my TJ and now it's got a noticeable forward lean.  I know I'll need to get spacers to even it out (don't know the size yet) but I plan on getting a warn front bumper in the not to distant future so should I hold off on the spacers until I put on the bumper or is the weight of the new bumper not that much more than the stock where it wouldn't make a difference?

Also, who could/would help me install the spacers when the time comes?  I'll buy the beer....   :)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Spacer question
« Reply #1 on: 02/24/09 - 04:40PM »
I'll try to help it just depends on the date, and what all is going on.

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 02/24/09 - 05:55PM »
BEER OK
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline xjnation

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 02/24/09 - 08:27PM »
How much do you need?  You could get what you need now and then add another 3/4" spacer later if you needed.  Stacking spacers isn't like stacking lift blocks so.......  I just wouldn't stack 2 big spacers together.  Tha warn bumper is heavier than a stock bumper.  Atleast it oughta be, if not don't buy it. 

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #4 on: 02/24/09 - 10:52PM »
i have done a ton of these in the past few years. so let me know if you need a hand.

brian
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline hotshot

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 03/ 6/09 - 07:44PM »
I picked up a set of 2" spacers from 4ws today.  They may need to be cut down a little. 

Next wrench day I'm bringing them.  Hopefully we'll have one in the next few weeks......

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 03/ 6/09 - 08:55PM »
I'm going to look into finding a host for the next one.  Maybe have it the last weekend of March. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 03/ 6/09 - 09:28PM »
I'm going to look into finding a host for the next one.  Maybe have it the last weekend of March. 
If I'd been thinking ahead we could have done one at my place this weekend, the old lady is out of town. 

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 03/ 6/09 - 10:40PM »
we might be able to do it here. I hopeful will have my belly pan and engine skid painted and ready for install by then. If you want Mark, pm me with you phone number. I give you a call Sat and we might beable to do that here or over at Austin's. We both live here on the southwest side of town.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 03/ 7/09 - 01:43AM »
If either of you host it give me a call. I think I'm gonna do some cummins maintenance tomorrow.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 03/ 7/09 - 02:01PM »
Austin is semi hosting a garage day.  A few of us are out there working if you'd like to stop by and help or just hang out I suppose.

Give Matt a call for directions.  880-6750

Offline hotshot

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 03/ 8/09 - 01:17AM »
I got the spacers installed.  It was an adventure (think harbor freight spring compressors) but the TJ is sitting more or less level now.

Thanks Matt for the use of the tools and doing most of the wrench work, thanks Austin for use of the garage and thanks Aaron for standing on the axle when we couldn't get the springs out or back on.

I owe you guys one.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 03/ 8/09 - 05:08PM »
I got the spacers installed.  It was an adventure (think harbor freight spring compressors) but the TJ is sitting more or less level now.

Hey now, they got the job done.