Author Topic: Ozark Mountain 4X4 and OJT club event June 17 @ Seymour  (Read 2449 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Pictures
« Reply #15 on: 06/17/06 - 11:30PM »
This was my first time at SMOR with rain and mud! What alot of fun. I pretty much wheeled by myself all day (My girls and I). I just couldn't seem to get with everyone. I spent some time down at the bottom of Snow Trail trying to figure the best way back out, I was wishing I had a winch... and wishing I hadn't of wheeled down there alone. With 3rd gear, wheels locked and a little medal on the pedal, the tires were coming clean, eating ground, and I finally made it out unaided and the same way I came in... attempts to go out the other 2 ways were futile. :(  Afterwards,  I assisted some guys that I met on the trail and took some good pictures of them.

I was a little dissapointed with the new tires I bought (Interco SSR's) after last weekend... they are pretty soft and got chewed up on the rocks a bit. This weekend however they have redeemed themselves with the mud and just how well they clean themselves and bite when a little torque is thrown at them.

Here are some pics... pretty much all of me since I was by myself most of the day. I'm ready for Disney...

http://jeeptreks.com/Seymour06172006/
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Re: Ozark Mountain 4X4 and OJT club event June 17 @ Seymour
« Reply #16 on: 06/18/06 - 12:10AM »
glad you made it out ok. that trail can be kinda tough even with out the  :bath:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Ozark Mountain 4X4 and OJT club event June 17 @ Seymour
« Reply #17 on: 06/19/06 - 01:48AM »
Me too! I didn't pack any camping gear.  :biggrin:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.