Author Topic: I think my engine needs rebuilt.  (Read 1397 times)

Offline repins88

• Level 1
I think my engine needs rebuilt.
« on: 02/23/10 - 06:16PM »
So Im runnin stock 4.0L I6 in my Cherokee with about 180xxx miles. Recently its started losin oil pressure when i come to an idle. I havent changed the oil yet and was gonna go to a thicker oil. I also have serious compression issues in #4, its been that way since i bought it a year ago. This didnt really concern me much till it started tappin the other day, BAD. It literally sounds like a monkey it inside my engine with a ball peen hammer. This isnt good. Id love to have it rebuilt, but i believe thats gonna cost ALOT.  :102: I need some suggestions. If you know something i can do to get by till i can afford a rebuild great. Or if you know someone who'll rebuild it fairly cheap. Im lookin for a straight up rebuild, no mods or nothin. Another thing, would i be better off to rebuild the tranny at the same time??? THANKS!!!

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: I think my engine needs rebuilt.
« Reply #1 on: 02/23/10 - 11:54PM »
im pretty happy with the re-man motor that i just put in my jeep. it cost a little more, but the lifetime warranty that i got with it is well worth the extra cost.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline repins88

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 02/24/10 - 12:16AM »
How much did that run you?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #3 on: 02/24/10 - 12:25AM »
The motor is an ATK. And after ther motor, extra warranty, Flow Kooler water pump, clutch, and install. It was just over $3000.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 02/24/10 - 01:26AM »
Not sure if this is something that interests you, but I know of a Cherokee that was recently wrecked and he might be willing to let go of his 4.0. I just went and saw it and heard it run earlier today.

Offline repins88

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 02/24/10 - 08:02PM »
Goldswim5 i would really like to get that. Depending how much and stuff of course. If you can send me the info I'd appreciate that.