Author Topic: Skid Plate  (Read 1493 times)

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
Skid Plate
« on: 11/23/11 - 04:59PM »
I've installed the Rough Country tummy tuck skid.  Now I'm wondering if there is anyway I can use the old parts to fab up something to guard the transmission given it's still slightly exposed.  Any ideas?
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Skid Plate
« Reply #1 on: 11/24/11 - 05:07PM »
Have a welder?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #2 on: 11/25/11 - 03:32PM »
I don't but I'm certain I can find someone who does.  I'm just wondering if having someone modify what I already have would be just as good as doing an aftermarket add on.
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 11/25/11 - 08:41PM »
You might as well give up on modifying your old trans skid, because you want a skid that will protect your oil pan as well. My buddy Vegrent helped me modify---I mean did all the fab work--- a old warn skid plate I already had. It looks just like a Skid Row skid when we were done.

You can measure my skid or get the measurements from skid row, or UCF skid plate and have it cut out at local metal shop and get someone to weld in brackets and be done for a lot cheaper price.

Offline vegrant

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/25/11 - 08:52PM »
Greg,
If you get some materials we can make something that will protect you.  I have a lift and a welder would be glad to help.  Just let me know and we will coordinate an effort.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 11/26/11 - 12:07AM »
I have my UCF skid removed right now if you need a template.
Take it out and play with it!

Offline Red Oak

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 11/28/11 - 10:01PM »
that ucf looks great on their ad. i'd like to copy it if you aren't gonna put it back on soon... lemme know
Stupidity got me into this mess, Why can't it get me back out?!?

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 11/28/11 - 11:18PM »
Ill prob have it off until after the 10th.
Take it out and play with it!