Author Topic: Tire Advice  (Read 2093 times)

Offline jfair

• Level 1
Tire Advice
« on: 12/18/11 - 04:22PM »
My 33x12.50s are getting some severe dry rot and its time to replace them ..... wanting to get away from my mud terrain and go to a a/t. Anyone have any ideas on a good performing a/t with low road noise thats not to high in price???? My m/t are way to loud on road and is driving me nuts but I love the way they peform off road...guess im looking for a tire thats quiet and still good on the trails.

Offline Red Oak

• Level 1
Re: Tire Advice
« Reply #1 on: 12/19/11 - 02:06PM »
just put some bfg a/t on, they are way quieter than my old MTRs were, not tried wheeling with them yet tho. think i paid 220 each for them
Stupidity got me into this mess, Why can't it get me back out?!?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 12/19/11 - 10:06PM »
BFG KO's are ok for offroad and very good street manners.  If you are wanting a good combo you may look at mickey thompson ATZ as well.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 12/19/11 - 11:41PM »
www.tirerack.com looks like a good place to get tire reviews and some idea on pricing tires.

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 12/21/11 - 06:04PM »
Will check all of these out...thanks

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 12/22/11 - 08:31AM »
Anyone ever tried the good year duratrac???

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 12/22/11 - 10:49AM »
I just replaced my duratrac's Tuesday, I had the 31x10.50.  They have great road manners and do awesome in snow with little to no road noise.  I only had two flats during the year that I had them, I lost a bead while out on the trails and cut a sidewall another day on the trails, the sidewalls are rather thin.  They got me where I wanted to be most of the times on the trails.  The only reason I got rid of them was I went to a 33x12.50.
Take it out and play with it!

Offline bigjeep2

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 01/ 9/12 - 11:41PM »
I got some definity at from pepboys about a year ago. They are 33's and I got a mail in rebate for the 4th tire which made it just under $700 for all 4 tires. I have had them out at smorr a couple times, driven several roadtrips with them and I am very happy. Not a bad tire. BTW they are made by cooper is what I was told.
Yeah I gots a jeep, and yes I understand. I also have a car.

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #8 on: 01/10/12 - 04:14PM »
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 01/13/12 - 02:53PM »
Missed the craigslist tires....