Author Topic: wagoneer offset axle?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Willysman23

• Level 1
wagoneer offset axle?
« on: 08/ 2/08 - 01:59AM »
Will an offset rear axle from a quadra- trac waggy work with my centered t case?I know it probably would with a spicer 18,but I want to keep my 20.I have a guy with a set of waggy axles that wants to trade with me.He wants the wider chevy axles and I want the narrower ones.I was concerned about the rear driveline angles.I read I could have the housing narrowed on the long side and help it, which I was gonna do to the front axle anyways.thanks
« Last Edit: 08/ 2/08 - 02:57AM by Willysman23 »

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: wagoneer offset axle?
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 3/08 - 12:39AM »
The only thing those offset rear axles are good for is cutting & resplineing the long side to make a XJ/MJ rear 44 a 6-lug.  I'm sure someone would love to trade those for a good set of Chevy axles.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 3/08 - 01:49AM »
How offset is it?
I seem to remember Aaron telling me his 60 is a little offset.  I could be wrong though.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 3/08 - 02:12AM »
My 60 is offset, and by running a CV shaft I have 0 issues with it.  So yes it can be done, just looks a little funny. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xjnation

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 3/08 - 04:53PM »
That small of an offset shouldn't be too big of an issue.  Even 8.8 axles are offset and they do fine in a centered rear rig.  You might get a lil vibration but nothing too bad.  Tim