Author Topic: XRRA Xtreme Rock Racing June 30th @ Hannibal Rocks!  (Read 1519 times)

Offline alwayssmiling67

• Level 1
We spent the day with the Xtreme Rock Racing Assoc event promoters' Mike and Jody Weaver. Awesome, fantastic people!

Tom worked all day with the track hoe building and setting courses per Mike Weavers' crazy mindset on these "speed courses on rocks"

Super lift TV will be filming the Jun 30th event.

All I can say is this is going to be very completely crazy and very, very entertaining!

The scenario:
Side by side racing on 2 separate courses. Then the racers switch to run the opposite of the 2 courses.
And finally courses are ran in reverse direction and then again the racers switch the courses in this reverse direction for a total of 4 courses ran for each team.

Courses involve table top jumps, steep/rugged cliffs and ledges, long hill climbs and brutal rock courses all being ran with time as the winning factor.

Unique with the Hannibal event: Spectators will be able to see almost all of the race from one spot and the competitors are going to experience more rock than most XRRA events. The word in the XRRA circuit of the uniqueness of the Hannibal event involves the fact that some very tough rock racing is in store for the XRRA teams. This has raised the curiosity of West teams and many have made the commitment to join the East in this very hyped event. New teams were calling the Weavers even today to get a place in the race.

Event is June 30th at Hannibal Rocks.
Gates open at 8:30am event begins at 10am.
Admittance is $10 and kids 8 and under are free.

Lots of high speed crazy rock course action!

www.hannibalrocks.com

www.rockrace.com

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: XRRA Xtreme Rock Racing June 30th @ Hannibal Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: 06/26/07 - 11:38PM »
I'm going to try and make it up Sat.  Any idea on how many competitors there will be?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline alwayssmiling67

• Level 1
Re: XRRA Xtreme Rock Racing June 30th @ Hannibal Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: 06/27/07 - 04:15PM »
They are telling me 20-25 rigs will be competing this Saturday.

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3