Author Topic: fog lights  (Read 1167 times)

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
fog lights
« on: 03/16/10 - 05:46PM »
since my jeep was involved in a rear/front end wreck the fog lights dont work anymore, we took it back to the repair shop and they said the switch has gone bad. its an 04 jeep, so most know the fog lights are on the turn signal, the turn signals work, and the interior lights work and the headlights work, which are all on the same lever. i was wondering if this could really be the cause or maybe it is something from the wreck. they had to remove the fog lights in order to fix the front end of the jeep. any help or ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,
vonda
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: fog lights
« Reply #1 on: 03/16/10 - 07:10PM »
have you tested to see if there is juice to the wires at the fog lights? maybe the lights are just busted? or maybe a bad relay? kinked or broken wire from the accident? ground wire loose?
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 03/16/10 - 09:42PM »
we've taken the fuse out and put it back in and the lights worked for a day, now they wont even come on at all. i think it is from the wreck, they worked fine before the wreck, but dodson williams says it has nothing to do with the wreck, but then again it took them 9 weeks to fix the jeep

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 03/17/10 - 12:55PM »
Try some different lights; if they are the same ones from the wreck, it's possible they are busted. I've got the ones from the Rubicon if you want to swing by we can plug them in and see. let me know.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 03/17/10 - 02:50PM »
where are you located at?

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 03/18/10 - 11:30AM »
milky way galaxy.  :P

pm'ed you.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.