Author Topic: WooHOO! J10 fixed anyone running trails Sunday 20?  (Read 822 times)

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
DANG!  I missed the Seymour trip, but I FINALLY fixed the axle shaft ujoint on my J10 and stopped the tranny pan leak... then a trans line started leaking (WEIRD).  I think the trans stuff happened because God wanted me to quit putting off fixing my trans linkage.  It wasn't always going into park and sometimes the truck would roll... my parking brake pedal is shot too!  So, I also fixed the trans linkage.  Thanks to a couple of Church Buds I was able to get a BIG slide hammer set to remove the spindle and someone with repair skills to bend the end of my stubshaft back square (bad move with a shop press!)

ANyway, I am hoping to hit a couple of "Stocker type trails.  I finally got some decent all terrains on but I don't want to go Rock Crawling as I am going to be selling the old girl soon... can't afford the damage!  ANyone going local the next couple of weekends?  

THanks,

JEse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Re: WooHOO! J10 fixed anyone running trails Sunday 20?
« Reply #1 on: 08/20/06 - 11:59AM »
will have the trailer and the Toyota ready by next weekend.  I would love to go.  

Got the e-brake cables ordered at work and Terry said he would hook me up with the e-brake levers that my truck is missing.

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Re: WooHOO! J10 fixed anyone running trails Sunday 20?
« Reply #2 on: 08/20/06 - 04:25PM »
AWEsome!  A buddy told me of some trails about 10 minutes from my house!  Back Road into Mark Twain.  

DO you know the Chadwick trails well?  Maybe we could head out there?  

Did yoiu get the spindle nut off, or do you have to get the 2 9/16 tool?  

I forgot to go check out your new place yesterday!  Did you go to the Criuse?  How did it go?

have a great week,

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles