Author Topic: Building from a 2.5 Suspension lift  (Read 8353 times)

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
Re: Building from a 2.5 Suspension lift
« Reply #30 on: 09/19/06 - 04:51PM »
Aron... would you suggest the second kit that Jimmy pointed out with the control arms.  Looks like with them it's $529 and with it's $899 I don't know how much control arms should be or I'd not have to ask.

Now what to do about the tires.  I'm almost hell bent on keeping the Rubiacon wheels on it.  They's 16s but I don't know how wide they are.  Jimmy how wide were yours?  I know you had to change the backspacing with the width you have.

Aron and sadly no.  I'm going to play the woman card here, I have tools for around the house stuff but when it comes to mechanical car stuff I am sadly lacking.  My BBQ grill will travel though!
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #31 on: 09/19/06 - 04:58PM »
Yes I'd buy the kit for $899.  The adjustable upper and lower control arms make it about the best kit you can get and keep short arms.  

I don't have a garage to offer to do the lift at but will show up and help if needed when you find one.  

That same kit is available for $899 on roughcountry.com

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #32 on: 09/19/06 - 04:59PM »
okay.. we're going to need sawzalls, a couple cutting torches, a mig welder, cresent wrench and a hammer.

Let's do it! Oh yeah, almost forgot.. we'll need some airplane fuel and a keg of gunpowder too. :bigeyes:

Just kidding... I'm pretty sure Ive got all the tools we would need. Though I do not have a welder should we have to weld the rear track bar bracket like Johns did mine. We might not have to do that with this kit as it is a much better one that what I have.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #33 on: 09/19/06 - 04:59PM »
Ok so that guy isn't offering any discount.  I'll take off for a spin around the internet to look for prices.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #34 on: 09/19/06 - 05:00PM »
I'll get back to you on a place where we can get this done with plenty of room.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #35 on: 09/19/06 - 05:01PM »
The rear doesn't need to be welded on.  It didn't on your kit either jimmy it's just a lot easier.  It's a major pain in the ARSE to drill the holes needed in that bracket.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #36 on: 09/19/06 - 05:06PM »
well then, we won't need the welder... but the airplane fuel and gunpowder we will.  :agree:  I asked them about that. They just said it was how they did em.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #37 on: 09/19/06 - 05:09PM »
Is your goal to have this on and new tires on before Fall4XFest?

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #38 on: 09/19/06 - 05:10PM »
Will I need a Slip Yoke Eliminator? or other parts besides the X series Kit with the arms?  Keep in mind this is an auto and I already get some rubbing on the drive shaft on the front skid plate.  Is this higher lift going to make that worse?
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #39 on: 09/19/06 - 05:11PM »
YES to 4xfest, of couse being an American means I can't wait for anything.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #40 on: 09/19/06 - 05:13PM »
No your transfer case is not a slip yoke style.  The case drop should offset the new lift and you won't rub anymore.  If need be you can "notch" the skid a little.

Aaron

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #41 on: 09/19/06 - 05:17PM »
Yeah I have a hole in the skid plate now, it only hits when I go up a steep hill and bounce a lot.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #42 on: 09/19/06 - 07:34PM »
Summit has this:

SLF-K372

$666.95
Estimated Ship Date:  10/7/06
   overview    Application    Kit/Combo Contents    Warranty         Show All    
Brand:   Superlift Suspension Systems
Product Line:   Superlift 4WD Suspension Lift Kits
Primary Front Lift Component:    Coil spring
Primary Rear Lift Component:    Coil spring
Front Shocks Included:    Yes
Front Shock Quantity Per Wheel:    1
Front Shock Type:    Hydraulic twin-tube
Rear Shocks Included:    Yes
Rear Shock Quantity Per Wheel:    1
Rear Shock Type:    Hydraulic twin-tube
Brake Lines Included:    No
Hardware Included:    Yes
Quantity:    Sold as a kit.
Notes:    Includes coil springs, lower links, pitman arm, pinion angle cam, brackets, bump stop extensions, transfer case kit, shock boots, and shocks.

Suspension Lift, 4WD, 4.0 in. Front/4.0 in. Rear, Jeep, Wrangler 2003, Kit

* Check to make sure this part fits your application

Complete Superlift 4WD suspension lift kits from the off-road pioneers.
Superlift 4WD suspension lift kits are designed and built by real off-road enthusiasts, so you know they're complete and super-strong. Custom-designed for each application, these Superlift 4WD suspension lift kits are available in a variety of lift heights and styles to fit your budget and needs.

* Savings Central!
          o Manufacturer's Offer Click To Get Your Free Offer!

Back to Search Results

Just food for thought, also, Summit doesn't charge for shipping, and they're at the phone 24/7
1-800-230-3030

This kit had a decent write up in one of the books, or maybe it was for my YJ, i forget, but it's a decent looking kit.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #43 on: 09/19/06 - 08:10PM »
That wouldn't be here in time for Fall4xFest and the X-series lift offers alot more for your money.

Steph, Keep in mind, that lift isn't all of sudden going to make your Jeep 'go everywhere, do anything' .. that is where driving skills come in. The lift and tires help no doubt... and I am no seasoned driver myself. But take mjsteiro for example... he can drive that XJ like its nobodies business... and take it everywhere most lifted and locked Jeeps go.  I've seen it. Just food for thought.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #44 on: 09/19/06 - 11:02PM »
Definately spend the extra $ to get upper arms.