Author Topic: welding  (Read 1227 times)

Offline zuki

• Level 2
welding
« on: 12/17/06 - 12:38AM »
can someone tell me where i can take my yj to have my rear sway bar welded back on . i have a welder but  i want someone that knows more on welding this back the right way.
94 YJ <br />03 Chevy ext 4x4 <br />88.5 samurai <br />82 chevy short bed 2wd <br />()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: welding
« Reply #1 on: 12/17/06 - 01:35AM »
Why mess with it?  I threw mine away long ago, and my YJ is my daily driver.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline zuki

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 12/17/06 - 10:30AM »
what is the rear sway bar there for looks important . can it be drove with out it on the road at 70 mph and still be save?
94 YJ <br />03 Chevy ext 4x4 <br />88.5 samurai <br />82 chevy short bed 2wd <br />()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 12/17/06 - 11:02AM »
It helps keep your axle from moving from side to side, a lot of people do not run one in the front or the rear as leaf springs do a pretty good job of holding the axles where they are supposed to be.
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 12/17/06 - 11:07AM »
Yes, it is plenty safe, provided you aren't drifting, or doing stupid crap.  A YJ is much more stable than a CJ or TJ due to the spring placement & the use of leaf springs.  You will notice a bit more body roll, but again, it isn't a street racer, and should be driven as such, especially if it is lifted.

It took a bit of convincing by the YJ guys here to get me to pull mine off, also, but it's well worth it, off-road, and virtually un-noticable on road.

If you plan on your YJ being your daily driver, and trail rig, then pull them off, and use the front anti-sway bars on road if you feel a little uncomfortable with the body roll, and then disconnect the front when on the trail.  If it's strictly a trail rig, cut all of it off.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline trailertrash

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 12/20/06 - 10:27PM »
Hey if you decide you want it back on call Pills auto service ( 417-468-2339) He does great work and you wont beat his prices in springfield. He has been doing work for me on my XJ.

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 12/24/06 - 01:40AM »
Quote from: "zuki"
what is the rear sway bar there for looks important . can it be drove with out it on the road at 70 mph and still be save?

We have driven it down the Highway At 70+ and never had a problem with it.