Author Topic: CJ GM HEI DISTRIBUTER UPGRADE  (Read 957 times)

Offline ycheese

• Level 1
  • 84 RENAGADE
CJ GM HEI DISTRIBUTER UPGRADE
« on: 03/17/07 - 01:50PM »
If you have not done a gm hei upgrade on your 4.2 do it!  Mine starts and runs better , they talk about it making an engine come alive, it does, it feels different. You wont regrete the cost. YOU can get a salvage yard part like i did and spend as much as a new one .   Here is where you can get one on ebay with every thing you need with instructions .                 http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/heidizzy/          CHEESE!     :cool:
84 Renagade  CJ 7 , 4.56 gears. lock rites F&R. AMC20,Dana30. keep the dirty side down! CHEESE =)

Offline ycheese

• Level 1
  • 84 RENAGADE
Re: CJ GM HEI DISTRIBUTER UPGRADE
« Reply #1 on: 03/19/07 - 08:17PM »
This answers a question from TAN YJ in the (webber carb problem) forum. I did buy one used from Ebay it was junk, coil was shorted, the pins that hold the springs literaly fell out,the shaft for oil drive was cracked at bottom. I bought someones left over junk, thats ok i didnt ask the right questions. My bad!  !  I did finally find one localy for 40$ and used all my parts to build it.  If i did it over i would buy one of the ones rebuilt for the 4.2 it will have all new parts.  I have done a lot of reasrch on the diffrent supplyers of the dist. and most use rebuilt 30 year old parts. The link in the above message is one that i liked the best . Thats just my opinion. I do have some info on rebulding the gm hei that i could send you if you pm me with address.CHEESE   :cool:
84 Renagade  CJ 7 , 4.56 gears. lock rites F&R. AMC20,Dana30. keep the dirty side down! CHEESE =)