Author Topic: Coming Soon. Gas price drop, fill up the wrangler for $17.25  (Read 937 times)

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003257679_oilconsumers14.html

WASHINGTON ? The recent sharp drop in the global price of crude oil could mark the start of a massive sell-off that returns gasoline prices to lows not seen since the late 1990s ? perhaps as low as $1.15 a gallon.
WTF is a Palm Beach Edition?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Coming Soon. Gas price drop, fill up the wrangler for $1
« Reply #1 on: 09/15/06 - 01:04PM »
Gas prices that low would be great and I'm not even complaining about the $2.08 I just paid (darn price conditioning).  

If you calculate it out prices are lower right now then they were in the early 80's.  So it has been far worse.

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 09/15/06 - 03:16PM »
Quote from: "toyotaguy"
Gas prices that low would be great and I'm not even complaining about the $2.08 I just paid (darn price conditioning).  

If you calculate it out prices are lower right now then they were in the early 80's.  So it has been far worse.

Aaron

Calculate what? I'm not seeing where you are coming from. I'm just glad it doen't cost me 70 bucks to fill my new truck up anymore. But when the Elections are done. I'd bet they go back up.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #3 on: 09/15/06 - 03:21PM »
I think he means inflation.  If gas actually rose the same percentage as other items with inflation.  Like saying $25,000 back in 1910 would be worth like $1,000,000 now. (not accurate, just saying it's like that).
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 09/15/06 - 07:12PM »
I'm not complaining...I'm glad they are slowly dropping....it's killing us with the high prices.....I don't remember prices being that high in the 80s....I was excited when I started driving lol late 80s early 90s it was about .95 a gallon
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa