Author Topic: bike riders?  (Read 2113 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
bike riders?
« on: 09/15/06 - 06:55PM »
just wanted to see if there were any bike riders around here?

what kind of riding do you do? where do you go?

i have a Haro MTB with Rock Shox Judy front fork, but latley i have just been riding ozarks greenways trails.  when i do get to the rough stuff i really like going out to the Sac River trails out north of town on 13. and Ritter Springs was an awsome place to go before they banned bikes, but i still sneak out there sometimes!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline wcmoody

• Level 1
Re: bike riders?
« Reply #1 on: 09/15/06 - 09:17PM »
I ride a road bike a few times a week.  Usually with the bike club.  I average about 20 miles a day when I do.  I still have a mountain bike, but now all I use it for is the daily ride with my son.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 09/18/06 - 11:21PM »
were do you ride at? my loop at Galloway station in getting a little old, and there are way to many people out there that are to busy chating it up with their freinds or on the phone walking down the middle of the path!!!

Offline TJODD

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 09/19/06 - 09:48AM »
I ride - trek 4200 hardtail disc front and rear. Im not hardcore by any means, mostly trail rides and the greenway!
 can drive thru alot of mud, but hate driving thru so much S@#T!

Offline wcmoody

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 09/19/06 - 12:48PM »
I usually ride on some of the farm roads out of town.  I live near farm road 156 and that is where I ride by myself.  If I am with the bike club, we take off from a church on FR 205 just east of Springfield or off Evans Road.  When I ride with my son it is on the south creek greenway.  There are too many people to ride the greenway fast.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 09/20/06 - 09:16AM »
i live near evans road and i see alot of groups riding around there, i should try join up sometime.

Offline wcmoody

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 09/20/06 - 06:26PM »
The Thursday ride takes off from the little church,near Millwood, there at 6 PM.  That is when the bike club has there weekly ride there.  The ride is from there to Hardees in Rogersville.  I think the rout they take is about 23 miles and fairly flat, for the Ozarks.  With the sun going down sooner people will start leaving earlier than 6.

Brian, I cannot ride this Thursday, but I am able to ride other days if you want to get togther.  Here is the bike club web site, http://www.springbike.org/  They also have weekend rides that are not usually posted.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 09/21/06 - 05:58PM »
i think i am going to buy my first road bike!!!

i found a used Cannondale for sale in the A&B's classified section for what seems to be a good price. if i get this bike maybe i will be able to ride with you guys out by Millwood.

Offline wcmoody

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 09/21/06 - 06:11PM »
Brian,
check out www.bikesdirect.com  That is where I got my last bike.  It is a Windsor and I spent much less than in a bike shop.  Just an option.  I will let you ride mine if you want to.

I also notice that the Cannondale is a 54 cm bike, pretty small.  I am 6' and ride a 58 cm bike.  Good price, but make sure you test ride it first.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 09/21/06 - 06:18PM »
i am gonna go ride it here in just a little bit. i am only 5'7" so i hope that it will be the right size.

Offline wcmoody

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 09/21/06 - 06:22PM »
That size will probably work out good then.  I was thinking you were taller.