Author Topic: The Red YJ Buggy  (Read 2057 times)

Offline XJ~Abuzer

• Level 1
The Red YJ Buggy
« on: 10/11/06 - 03:28PM »
Hello everybody.  I am new to this forum and was referred here by a freind (thanks big ride).  I have a 2000 Jeep XJ with very few modifications at the moment.  I hope to be seeing some of you on trail runs sometime.

Ok, on to the reason for this post.  I make models in a program called Z-Modeler and put them in various video games for the users to drive around in.  I am currently working on one of the members rides now. I have very little progress done as of yet but I thought I would post pics of the real truck and the progress I have made thus far. Keep in mind it is still a WIP. Enjoy.

First of all, a pic of the real thing

...and the model I am making....

Updates will be posted as they come along.  I have to fit this project in between work, wheeling, poontang, and everyday life so the progress will be a little slow.
__________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________

If I wanted a hummer I would have gotten one from your sister.
979 CJ-5 304, t-150, currently has a blown motor.

If I wanted a Hummer I would have gotten one from your sister.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: The Red YJ Buggy
« Reply #1 on: 10/11/06 - 03:48PM »
Quote from: "XJ~Abuzer"
poontang

:boink:

:pimp:
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 10/11/06 - 04:46PM »
What are you modeling it in?
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline XJ~Abuzer

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 10/11/06 - 04:51PM »
Quote from: "OJTV8XJ"
What are you modeling it in?

The program, or the game?

The program, as I said above, is Z-modeler.  The game will be 4x4 Evo2.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 10/11/06 - 04:53PM »
{slapping forehead}  ya go me with that one.

Just wondering, I model with SolidWorks now, and was formally trained on Inventor.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline XJ~Abuzer

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 10/11/06 - 10:23PM »
What format do those programs export or save as?

Do you have any project pics?

Here are some of the ones I have done.

This one is a dedication to the POWs past and present...

If they made a 4-door K-5 in the 80's (like the 4 door blazer now), I would imagine it would look something like this....

...and finally, I made the truck in this pic but big ride did the photoshopping.

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 10/16/06 - 11:51PM »
My rig may not be the best in the world....but come ride with me  :devdude:  Promise the one of the best rides youll ever have... :)
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Blueyellow

« Reply #7 on: 10/17/06 - 12:12AM »
I can agree with what Jacksfork said
My rig may not be the best in the world....but come ride with me  Promise the one of the best rides youll ever have... :)

I'll Walk all over the ranch to find him Just to ride....... Just watch out for those trees!!!!! LOL Just kiddin
How ya Feelin Big RIDE

Offline XJ~Abuzer

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 10/17/06 - 12:25AM »
Quote from: "JacksFork"
My rig may not be the best in the world....but come ride with me  :devdude:  Promise the one of the best rides youll ever have... :)

I really wanted to make it there.  I had some software testing that could not wait. :swear: Oh well...gotta watch out for what pays the bills first and fit the offin in when I can.  Perhaps I can make the next outing.

How was it Big Ride?

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 10/17/06 - 02:43AM »
Oh it was quite a ride all right!!!
  Todd, imagine yourself roaring through the woods at what was estimated to be 30-35 mph, and *BLAM*! you're stopped dead in your tracks by a tree that refuses to break! Your front end has climbed to nearly 6' off the ground, breaking the + terminal on the battery. After the repair is made, you find yourself literally FLYING up the next obstacle, only to discover that you are not buckled into your 5 point harness. You are now riding the thing cowboy style, with one hand keeping a death grip on the rollcage handle, and the rest of your body is flailing about like a ragdoll. You cross the line and finish, but are not able to continue to the other 4 courses, because you have to bow out.

Total extent of damage:  Jeep= 1 broken brake caliper.
                                               1 sheared caliper bolt.
                                      Driver= A few bruises here 'n there.
                                      Co-Driver= Dislocated right shoulder, torn
                                                        ligaments, bruising from harness.
Would I do it again?  Yes.....  :thumbsup2:
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline XJ~Abuzer

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 10/17/06 - 02:33PM »
Quote from: "big ride"
Oh it was quite a ride all right!!!
  Todd, imagine yourself roaring through the woods at what was estimated to be 30-35 mph, and *BLAM*! you're stopped dead in your tracks by a tree that refuses to break! Your front end has climbed to nearly 6' off the ground, breaking the + terminal on the battery. After the repair is made, you find yourself literally FLYING up the next obstacle, only to discover that you are not buckled into your 5 point harness. You are now riding the thing cowboy style, with one hand keeping a death grip on the rollcage handle, and the rest of your body is flailing about like a ragdoll. You cross the line and finish, but are not able to continue to the other 4 courses, because you have to bow out.

Total extent of damage:  Jeep= 1 broken brake caliper.
                                               1 sheared caliper bolt.
                                      Driver= A few bruises here 'n there.
                                      Co-Driver= Dislocated right shoulder, torn
                                                        ligaments, bruising from harness.
Would I do it again?  Yes.....  :thumbsup2:

Oh man!  You had me cracking up while reading that.  Good to hear your "semi" ok.  I really wish I was there.

Oh yea.....Chad.....seatbelts are a good thing :brows: