Author Topic: Phone scam ?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
Phone scam ?
« on: 11/15/06 - 01:17PM »
Hey got a call last night from some barely speaking american towell head saying he hadn't received my jeep payment.  Said I needed to do a telecheck to fix the problem I think.  Told him to have someone call me that spoke fluent english and we would figure it out.  After I checked I am 2 payments ahead and they never called back.  I bet this is some kinda fishing scam and they prob get several gullable people to send cash their way.  ANybody else heard of this happening?
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline switchin'addiction

• Level 1
Re: Phone scam ?
« Reply #1 on: 11/15/06 - 01:34PM »
Yep.......I was in the finance industry for a number of years & you would be shocked at the number of people who offer up the checking acc. number & routing number to these scammers!  Those 2 numbers are really all they need to drain your account.

Offline rubiconcouple

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 11/15/06 - 05:26PM »
Thats  why  I never  give  any  info out  over  the phone  it is  easy  enough  for  these  people  if  legitimate   to  send you letter ..

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 11/16/06 - 10:34AM »
I give them all the information that they want.  But everytime I give them a different number and none of them are mine.

I love to screw with telemarketers, even Roger does it when I can't.  It is like a hobby.  I really like to act really interested for a while and then hang up and see if they call back.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.