Author Topic: ***Please Help Cherokee Sport Owners***  (Read 1487 times)

Offline tortuga

• Level 2
***Please Help Cherokee Sport Owners***
« on: 05/ 8/10 - 02:01PM »
I have a 97 Cherokee Sport... I replaced the Cat O2 sensor with a Bosch Universal and I can't get the wiring straight.  The new O2 instructions don't match anything like the Jeep side. (yes I know I should have wrote down the wire color matching before I cut the pigtail off) I have - Jeep side; Dark Brown, light brown, green and black............ On the O2 side I have 2-gray, black and white.  I someone could look at theirs and let me know how they match up that would be great.  I had done this on my TJ and didn't have this problem...

Offline tortuga

• Level 2
*** Please Help Jeep Cherokee Owners ***
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 8/10 - 02:03PM »
I have a 97 Cherokee Sport... I replaced the Cat O2 sensor with a Bosch Universal and I can't get the wiring straight.  The new O2 instructions don't match anything like the Jeep side. (yes I know I should have wrote down the wire color matching before I cut the pigtail off) I have - Jeep side; Dark Brown, light brown, green and black............ On the O2 side I have 2-gray, black and white.  I someone could look at theirs and let me know how they match up that would be great.  I had done this on my TJ and didn't have this problem...

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
Re: ***Please Help Cherokee Sport Owners***
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 8/10 - 04:08PM »
I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

FOR A 1997 JEEP CHEROKEE 4.0L 4X4
DOWNSTREAM OXYGEN SENSOR

HARNESS SIDE
CAV       COLOR  FUNCTION
1         DG/WT   ASD RELAY OUTPUT
2          BK     GROUND HEATER
3         BR/YL   SENSOR GROUND
4         TN/BK   OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL

COMPONENT SIDE
CAV       COLOR     FUNCTION
1          WT        ASD RELAY OUTPUT
2          WT        GROUND HEATER
3          GY        SENSOR  GROUND
4          BK        OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL

Offline tortuga

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 05/17/10 - 02:21PM »
Well... I matched up everything as shown... and I am still getting a check engine light on the rear sensor... this is really starting to frustrate the crap out of me...

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 05/18/10 - 01:32PM »
That's weird it is not working. The information I gave you was straight from All Data. I wish I had more to offer you. Good luck with it.

Offline tortuga

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 05/18/10 - 01:42PM »
Thanks for the help... I found a cert Bosch dealer in Joplin.  I am going to run it by them and see what they say...