Author Topic: craigslist  (Read 2041 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
craigslist
« on: 05/17/10 - 11:20AM »
does anybody on here have any luck with selling things on craigslist? i have 3 items for sale on there, and i get nothing but scams and spam. i probably get 10-15 e-mails a day. some are scams saying they will give $300 more than im  asking for my item, but they "must have my paypall account info, since that is the most secure way to sell over seas". and some are just a link to something that im too scared to open up.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: craigslist
« Reply #1 on: 05/17/10 - 11:32AM »
I've listed and sold a few things on there personally and for work and have never received any spam emails like that.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 05/17/10 - 02:19PM »
I've listed and sold a few things on there personally and for work and have never received any spam emails like that.

Same here. It's always worked pretty well for me.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 05/17/10 - 08:29PM »
Sold a lot, just have to be creative in how list your email to avoid bots
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 05/18/10 - 12:53AM »
I've had awesome luck on there.  But I also don't mind telling the nigerians which armpit to shove their span BS under.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 05/18/10 - 03:44AM »
I typically have good luck with selling stuff too. I do get some spam, it seems to come in waves. I agree with YJ Aaron, be creative with the wording in your post and you should do fine.
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 05/20/10 - 11:33AM »
I have had great luck with craigslist. I just sold my cherokee on there is less than 12 hours. Sold a boat within a couple of days a month ago to a guy from 3 hours away and a dishwasher within 36 hours. I have found you either have to be creative with the email address or don't put it on and just list your phone number. The other thing is you have to have good pics. Without pics forget about people looking at your ad.
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #7 on: 05/20/10 - 11:36AM »
Well, I got my body lift and mml sold to a guy in Indy. But still getting lots of spam. I will try changing up the way I post my e-mail next time. Thanks for the tips guys.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 05/21/10 - 02:08AM »
Don't post your real email address on the listing. Use their anonymous one for your post. You might have to setup an account to do that. But I don't get any spammers that way. Just sold a couple things on there and every email was a legit contact. 
WTF is a Palm Beach Edition?

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #9 on: 05/21/10 - 10:47AM »
Are you guys that have problems putting your actual email in the post?
I only use the Craigslist anonymized email link as said above.  You don't have to set up an account to do that either.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 05/21/10 - 01:09PM »
I have done it both ways with the email. Not sure if it made a difference or not. Will see next time.
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.