Author Topic: Windshield Armor  (Read 3685 times)

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
Re: Whitehead - question on roll over
« Reply #15 on: 01/23/09 - 01:45PM »
TIff I forgot to mention the KORE in tulsa also has a front roll bar kit don't know price but I know it will be strong and hold up.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline Tiff

• Level 1
« Reply #16 on: 01/26/09 - 10:31AM »
Sure do like the nolimits products, but their web site has a ton of broken links and a pain. 
ud is good

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #17 on: 01/26/09 - 12:07PM »
There is a phone number on this add, you can try calling them..

I ordered mine through http://northridge4x4.com; but their site says they are not currently available. You could call northridge and ask for an alternative... ask for David, he's super to work with, tell him Jimmy from Springfield sent ya!

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline hotshot

• Level 1
« Reply #18 on: 01/26/09 - 04:52PM »
I don't want to thread-jack but I was looking at the northridge4x4 site and they have the warn bumper/tire carrier combo for $663.58 w/ free shipping.  That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere.  If anyone knows of a better deal please let me know, otherwise I'm going to get it from them.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Armor and stuff
« Reply #19 on: 01/26/09 - 05:38PM »
I don't want to thread-jack but I was looking at the northridge4x4 site and they have the warn bumper/tire carrier combo for $663.58 w/ free shipping.  That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere.  If anyone knows of a better deal please let me know, otherwise I'm going to get it from them.

Mine Warn rear bumper and tire carrier was $560 to my door... 3 1/2 years ago, and from Northridge4x4

Practically everything on my Jeep came from Northridge4x4.com;  great prices and free-shipping on orders over a $100.
Don't want to take away from the local guys (who offer club members discounts)and I always get a price from them first, if they can come within $20; tax and all, then I buy local. Otherwise it's Northridge4x4 for me... free shipping and no tax.
« Last Edit: 01/26/09 - 05:44PM by whitehead »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #20 on: 01/28/09 - 12:37AM »
If I had the money, I would get a pair of these.  If I would have had them a few years ago, this wouldnt have happened......

BUT, I would like to think I was the insperation for Jimmy getting his, hence saveing his jeep from body damage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be like jimmy, use protection.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #21 on: 01/28/09 - 01:23AM »
hahahhaha.. hey better safe than sorry!!  You had to pay child support after that encounter didn't you Bradman?!

Offline Tiff

• Level 1
Re: Windshield Armor
« Reply #22 on: 01/28/09 - 10:59AM »
Be like Jimmy!  Just ordered the windshield guards and I feel more protected.  Now just got to build my cage up more and I'll be ready for Moab in Sept.
ud is good

Offline Tiff

• Level 1
« Reply #23 on: 02/ 4/09 - 09:45AM »
Ok, I got them in and they look great.  Currently priming and painting.  Will install this weekend.  Question Jimmy:  Did you put any "sealant" between the metal and bolt holes to keep water out?
ud is good

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #24 on: 02/ 4/09 - 12:09PM »
Mine were powder coated so I didn't worry about that...  I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Offline Tiff

• Level 1
« Reply #25 on: 02/ 4/09 - 12:43PM »
Even power coated, doesn't water get trapped between the pieces of metal?
ud is good

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #26 on: 02/ 4/09 - 01:31PM »
I guess.. but wind dries water... and you drive through wind a lot more than you drive through water.