Author Topic: King of the Hammers 2009  (Read 3427 times)

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
King of the Hammers 2009
« on: 02/24/09 - 06:08PM »
Just wanted to make sure everyone here knew about Derek West and Ritchie Keller running in the King of the Hammers race this week.  You can see live coverage at Pirate 4x4.com this week.  Louie Keener and Brandon from John's 4x4 are also in the LCQ (Last Chance Qualifier) on Thursday.  If they finish in the top 8, I believe, they can then run the main race on Friday.

I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: King of the Hammers 2009
« Reply #1 on: 02/24/09 - 07:34PM »
I plan on having the racer tracker up on my comp friday to see how they do.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 02/24/09 - 07:35PM »
same here, will be watching or listening...  IS there any certain station covering the event?
« Last Edit: 02/24/09 - 07:39PM by whitehead »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 02/24/09 - 07:46PM »
I'm just going to follow all the live feeds from pirate, they already have a streaming lakebed cam. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 02/24/09 - 08:03PM »
yeah I know, but wondered if there was a network... Pirate's live feeds are cool and all, but leave ALOT to be desired. That's the nature of live streaming though, especially from the middle of the desert with a crap-bag connection.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #5 on: 02/24/09 - 10:05PM »
Has anyone been able to get the radio feed to work today?  They were supposed to have live radio coverage starting at 4pm PST today but I can't get any sound on either my work or home PC.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #6 on: 02/24/09 - 10:45PM »
Well that's just the crapper.  I was watching the live video stream where they were interviewing drivers and Derek comes up and the stream goes down.   UUUUUggggggghhhhh!!!!

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 02/25/09 - 02:13PM »
Are you saying that Derek broke the Internet?
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 02/25/09 - 03:15PM »
Has anyone been able to get the radio feed to work today?  They were supposed to have live radio coverage starting at 4pm PST today but I can't get any sound on either my work or home PC.

no worky for me either.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #9 on: 02/25/09 - 07:58PM »
I've been watching the Ustream vid some today and it really makes me want to be there.  Looks like a blast.  Race coverage should be good.  LCQ race tomorrow and big race Friday.

Derek was prerunning today and I saw him come in and check back in his radio.  Everything looked in good shape.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 02/26/09 - 11:30PM »
I heard Brandon and Louie were doing awesome in the LCQ; but had some mechanical failure. Bummer.. I was rootin for you guys, better luck next year!

Offline liftitup

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 02/28/09 - 12:10AM »
Ballzout did not make LCQ!!! Derek West Broke Driveshafts But that is all the info I got and they were not able to Finish King of the Hammers.... Better luck Next year it is the hardest Race in the world!!!! Good Job to Both teams

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #12 on: 02/28/09 - 12:10PM »

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Liberty03

• Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 03/ 1/09 - 01:40PM »
I saw one post on Pirate that said Derek had ECM troubles, so...what was the real cause for DNF?

Offline RoknTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #14 on: 03/ 1/09 - 08:19PM »
I watched all of Derek's interview.  Very well done.  Almost like it was script.  He is one of the most humbled drivers in the sport!

I was disappointed with the race coverage, and disappointed for the luck of the teams I was supporting most.  Derek West nor Brian Shirley, nor Triple Nickle Racing finished the race.  And of Course, Brandon and Louie and Ponce didn't finish the LCQ.

Oh well.  Better luck next year guys!
MOROC - It's Where The Action Is
Extreme Off Road Racing
http://www.morocracing.com
314-974-5337