Author Topic: Quick tire repair  (Read 1205 times)

Offline jfair

• Level 1
Quick tire repair
« on: 04/ 3/09 - 09:20AM »
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2324576/interesting_tire_repair_technique/                               Anybody tried this ?

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
Re: Quick tire repair
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 3/09 - 09:41AM »
When I was a  kid my friend and I helped his Dad bead his Peterbuilt tires kinda like that. Same principle but when we did it the tire was laying on the ground and of course being 11 and 12 year olds he wouldnt let us light it.
I remeber the tire once jumped about 3 feet in the air. It never went as smotthly as the video but back then we used either!  BOOM

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 4/09 - 02:14PM »
I was wondering if it worked kind of like my genitals so i'm scared to try it.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 4/09 - 02:45PM »
It works.  You can use a lot of different aerosols as long as they are flammable.  The trick is to get air to it before the bead unseats as the pressure/temp drops.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 4/09 - 03:07PM »
Cool will keep that in mind.  Several different articles i have seen on this says ether is about the best thing you can use.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 4/09 - 03:14PM »
It is but about anything flammable works in a pinch.... however DO NOT do this while intoxicated and around your buddies.  You WILL use to much and send a 40" GroundHawg over the roof of said buddies house!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 4/09 - 04:31PM »
hummm is that the warning of experience past we hear. LOL

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 4/09 - 04:57PM »
NO COMMENT.