Author Topic: Text message  (Read 1735 times)

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Text message
« on: 11/18/08 - 05:06PM »
Did anyone else get a text message to their phone today from 417-761-9282?

Christy and I both got a message of "Dude" and that was it.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Text message
« Reply #1 on: 11/18/08 - 05:08PM »
No, but I have been getting more "wrong messages" lately.  They send it to a number in their phone and I get it as well as intended recepient. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #2 on: 11/19/08 - 10:34AM »
that happens alot, embarassing, once I fwd a (not so clean animated joke) to people in my contacts list, right safe just pick the names and the software aligns the corerect numbers-
Well got a call back from a guy syaing I texted his 11 year old daughter~~ YIKEs! Ah man sorry, that was with altell and my old phone.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #3 on: 11/19/08 - 11:01AM »
I replied with "Who's this?" and the reply I got was "My doctor is a woman."

I called the number from my work and got a voicemail that sounded much like those late night commercials about a chat line you call and there are hot single girls in your area waiting to talk to you.  Strange to say the least.  I never got anything like this with Alltel.  Although, about a month ago a couple of people here at work had trouble with Alltel routing calls to totally different phone numbers, one girl couldn't even get into her voicemail, kept going to someone else that would answer.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 11/19/08 - 10:07PM »
I had that happen to me as well with the wrong number. I heard that they are starting to send text advertising out. sounds like you got one. that would piss me off I do not pay for a text so it cost me every time I get one.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 11/19/08 - 10:27PM »
It's actually a gang initiation test and if you get one, whatever you do DON'T CALL BACK, cause if you do they can trace your call to you home address; then they send someone to kill you. It's too late for Keith, but you others.. be careful.

BT> JUST KIDDING KEITH!

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #6 on: 11/20/08 - 11:39AM »
I hope they come out here, I called from work.  Maybe I'll get workers compensation...