Author Topic: Hey, Ya'll!  (Read 2237 times)

Offline DBox

• Level 1
Hey, Ya'll!
« on: 01/ 3/06 - 10:41PM »
I'm David Box. My wife is Yvonne. We're planning on moving to the Springfield area in the next few months, as soon as we sell our proprty here in Mississippi. We've made several trips out there in the last year or so and we both believe it's the friendliest, most beutiful place we've been to. We like the area south and east of Springfield and have been watching for a house on a few acres with a large shop, a building that would make a good shop, or a good enough deal that I could have a shop built. Does anyone know of a place like this?  We're really looking forward to getting out there and trying the trails. We don't have any rocks here unless we drive a bunch of miles and I'm really looking forward to learning something about rock crawling and building a crawler. And this site is great. I really like being able to actually know wher the town is that you live in.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: Hey, Ya'll!
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 4/06 - 12:10AM »
Look forward to meeting you and your family.  Sounds like you have some good experience with your Jeeps and can help us all with ours.

I went through Oxford once.  Went water skiing on Enid Lake.  A buddy I was with almost broke his arm when he hit a tree top in the lake and ditched his ski.  Followed an ambulance to the hospital there in Oxford and went by Ole' Miss and watched a cheerleading camp for a while (ahh Summer!).

Rogersville is nice and a growing community east of Springfield and on the way to Seymour (offroad park, www.offrdranch.com )

Don't know much about school districts yet (I don't have any kids).  Does your son play any sports?  That may make a difference on what schools you might look at.

Anyway, welcome!!

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 4/06 - 04:13PM »
Welcome to our area and good luck on selling your home.  We are in the process of buying a modular home that we customized and we are putting it on some land (about 4 acres) that is inbetween Nixa (where we currently live) and Clever.  All of that area is  beautiful, good schools and great area to live.  I am from Rogersville where Keith mentioned, and the schools and living there is INCREDIBLE and I would move back there if we could have found something within our range we were looking for, but were not able to.  Look on www.gsbor.com (Greater Springfield Board of Realtors) for a realtor if you need help and you can also browse listings there.  You can search by town, area or region.   A excellent home inspector you will deffinately need even with buying a new home would be Bruce Adams at Signature Home Inspections.  I used to work for him and he's the best...he goes above and beyond most inspectors.  Any other questions, just give me a holler  browneyez_n_a_jeep@yahoo.com  and good luck!!

Amy & Benji
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 4/06 - 06:06PM »
small town just south of nixa called Highlandville that is growing and is building a lot of new housing on 3-5 acre lots. that might be something to look into also
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline TJODD

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 4/06 - 07:18PM »
Welcome dbox I also am from Mississippi (Gulfport) moved up after the storm, and yes the Terrain is a bit different from what we are used to but much better.. when ya get here I'll buy ya a Beer!!!
 can drive thru alot of mud, but hate driving thru so much S@#T!

Blueyellow

« Reply #5 on: 01/ 4/06 - 11:03PM »
I Know of a couple of Builders that might be able to help ya out Gimmie a call 417-337-5684.
Allen

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 4/06 - 11:24PM »
Rogersville is a great place to live, if you get in the Webster County area of Rogesville, TAXES are cheap. My wife is from Rogesville and went to school there and we lived there through  our daughters  school year k-8. It is an up and coming town to live in. Just 10 minutes from Springfield. The schools are top notch, great sports there too. Basketball is big there as is Football. Track is too. Great coaches and teachers there too.
We now live in Marshfield, which is another up and coming town too population of 3,000. Great Schools as our daughter went 9-12 here and sports is BIG here, girls basketball is HUGE here as is boys football and basketball and track. Volleyball is Huge here for the girls too. It is in Webster County too, cheap taxes. Land is reasonable and so is housing. Lots of places to look outside town too.  Here is the real estate company we used to buy our house   http://www.robertgault.com/buyers.shtml   Barbara and Herren Cline was our real estate agents.

Just a thought to look into if you like small communitys that have great schools and great people too. And as an added bounus these places i have told you about is just a hop, skip and a jump from our nationally recognized off road park in Seymour  which is just down the road from Rogersville and Marshfield.

Welcome and hope to see you out on trails when you move here. Our club meetings are always on the first thursday of each month, stay posted to the web site as to where the meeting places are, sometimes they change and we post it on the web site.

Jon and Olena White
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 01/ 5/06 - 10:36AM »
Century Realty is awesome....Bruce does many inspections for them as well.  They are the nicest people there.  I went to Rogersville K-12 and graduated in 1991. Rogersville also has the brand new high school they just completed last year.  As Jon said, Webster Country taxes are extremely cheap and you're still close to everything you could possibly want.  If you don't want to go to Springfield, you don't have to, you can just stick around where you live and get all that you need.  

People are extremely friendly also and welcome new comers with open arms.  Many great small town festivals go on also such as in Mt. Vernon with "Apple Butter Makin' Days" in October and many  many more around the area.  

I believe you'll find a lot of helpful people here too.  Just ask and we'll all help out as much as we can and if we can't....we will find someone that can!
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 01/ 6/06 - 11:17AM »
Thanks for all of the imput. We've driven all the way around Springfield and decided that we want something in the Nixa, Ozark, Rogersville area. We really like that area. We would prefer something out of town, such as part of an old farm or something. A place that needed some TLC would be O.K.  It either needs a building for a shop or cheap enough that I can build one. We're also talking about maybe getting out of law enforcement. We're both kind of in burn out mode right now. The property prices and taxes both are better than here. Oxford caters to Ole Miss and it's hard for the locals to compete with the plastic money all of the students bring in. The student population is close to that of the local people.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #9 on: 01/ 7/06 - 09:56PM »
seen several amish farms for sale latley :brows: they usualy have aceage and lots of out buildings,only down side is you add the plumbing and electric...... :biggrin: welcome and good luck finding that right home for you and you family
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson