Author Topic: Shipping top..Need input..  (Read 1118 times)

Offline RoughSilver01

• Level 1
  • '01 60th Annv.
Shipping top..Need input..
« on: 10/ 8/12 - 12:12PM »
I just found a Jeep hardtop for my TJ & I am kinda hesitant about it cuz I haven't seen if the top even exists, the guy seems ok, I have his cell # & he has given me pictures of it, it's not TOO EXPENSIVE but my family keeps telling me that I'm looking to kinda get screwed over purchasing out of state & not getting to see the hardtop first hand & not knowing what I'm getting if it's damaged or not...
   How would you guys fix this problem without getting ripped off $800 for the top & $300 for the shipping charges?? Is there any way to get things taken care of in LEGAL terms kinda?! I just wanna be safe, it could be getting a good looking top for an ok deal, the guy is of wranglerforum.com but my family told me just to not mess with the top, & kinda buy one locally, yet they are NOT as cheap as this one at all...
   I WOULD APPRECIATE THE INPUT TO SEE IF I AM COMPLETELY STUPID & MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING OR IF I'M PASSING UP ON A PRETTY GOOD DEAL!?! COULD SOMEONE HELP ME OUT A LITTLE BIT ON THIS?? I just was wanting to talk to the guys bank maybe & verify that a clean hardtop was picked up from the guy maybe to let me THEN SEND THE MONEY TO THE GUYS BANK TO MAKE SURE IT STAYS FAIR GAME... do you guys all know of a better way to help take care of this or should I just stick to buy around where I live?!
   I'm located down here in Ft. Worth Texas & the guy selling the top is in Avondale, Az. which is 15 1/2 hrs. away from here, being that it'll cost $600+ round trip for driving my Jeep out there, that's why I was mostly considering shipping the thing out my way over here since I checked on shipping & the price is $286.50 to ship it over to me..
              PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS, I FEEL REALLY CLUELESS & LOOKING FOR INPUT!!
                                  Brandon..
'01 Wrangler 4" Rough Country lift 33" M/T

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: Shipping top..Need input..
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 8/12 - 02:17PM »
I think I would just try and find a hard top locally?

Offline SkylineTj

• Level 1
Re: Shipping top..Need input..
« Reply #2 on: 11/15/12 - 09:59PM »
I just got back from driving to Tulsa from Springfield (3 hours 1-way) to pick up my hardtop.
Perfect condition and everything, and a super nice guy.
He's retired and collects Jeeps as a hobby and has over 10 hard tops for sale, and they're all in great condition.

I can't find the craigslist ad, but his # is (918) 633-5292