Author Topic: Rare Chevy K/5 info?...  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Killer K/5

Rare Chevy K/5 info?...
« on: 02/26/13 - 03:07AM »
I have a 1970 Chevy K/5 bought new here at Thompson Cadillac GMC on St. Louis in 1969 new from show room floor. one owner and needs some love but extremely rare gem...
Only serious inquiry's need respond.
816-507-4612

Offline Killer K/5

Re: Rare Chevy K/5 info?...
« Reply #1 on: 02/26/13 - 05:51AM »
Not your typical K/5 I promise. Runs like a dreams Very strong power plant and trans. All original from the beauty rings to the stickers and decals.OE replacement lock outs by warn and dana 44 rear axle.
Transfer case in good condition but would change all the fluids if it were me.
But my immediate need is a quick tune and and air tank or portable compressor to air up tires and a hand or a 16' trailer to help me move to storage unit.
Hint Roger this is Eric and I need a fourwheelers help...look me up.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 02/26/13 - 10:49AM »
Are you wanting to sell it?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Killer K/5

« Reply #3 on: 02/27/13 - 11:55AM »
I am open to both options but before I make any final decisions I am hoping to find someone with a little expertise in the older Chevy 4x4's I have some knowledge but have come across a rare find and need a little help.

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 02/27/13 - 12:39PM »
what do you need to know?
to tune up?
change plugs set gap @ .35
point new use a feeler gage .18,for used file and set to point .16 gage if you have a meter to set the points you need to set them @ 30% you do this with the motor running as there is a windrow on the cap to open @ use a allen wrench
new cap @ wires
and you need also set the timing most of the time 6-8 deg. before TDC.
to much timing and the motor is hard to start.
don't forget the timing.
« Last Edit: 02/27/13 - 02:14PM by CRAZY LARRY »
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 02/27/13 - 01:10PM »
Put a picture of it up while you are looking it over.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Killer K/5

« Reply #6 on: 03/ 2/13 - 01:12PM »
Will definatly get some current photos up today I'm going to do a tad bit of work and get it fired up.
Thank you for the advise on the full tune up and all the tips on getting it fired.
Ran great 3 mos. ago but needs a good tune up to move from it's current location.
As soon as we get the pics up I will have more info to post for discussion.
Can I join the Jeep thing club with my K/5 or?...
Is there anyone who wants to sell a frame hitch for a 200 ford explorer.
In desperate need of a car hauler and hitches are ridiculous.
Thank you for all of your comments.
Pics will be posted today.

Offline keegan

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 03/ 4/13 - 12:59PM »
I have been on the search for a 1st generation K5 for a year or so now. They are definitely getting rare. Rust-free is even more rare.

I myself wouldn't be too worried about the drivetrain as much as I would be about rust. Is there rust anywhere? rockers, floor, bed floor behind wheel wells, etc...

Windshields sometime have an issue with rust, as well as the rear hatch on the hard tops.

-Does it have A/C, or did it at one time? Or was it a non-AC truck from the factory?

-Is it a 4wd model or 2wd? The 2wd are actually bringing more money even though I think they are horribly ugly with the top off.

Post up some pics...the 69-70 grills are my favorite compared to the 71-72.

Keegan - 913-991-8478

Keegan

Offline Killer K/5

« Reply #8 on: 03/ 4/13 - 06:17PM »
Keegan,
thanks for the tip. This one was new off the showroom in 69 one owner.It has air,4x4.Some rust but very easily repaired. NO PUTTY anywhere will post pics today.