Author Topic: FALL4XFEST Website online  (Read 4736 times)

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
Re: FALL4XFEST Website online
« Reply #30 on: 09/20/06 - 11:34PM »
This event is for a non profit charity. Yet i see people more worried about exposure. Did i miss the purpose of this event?

Brandon
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #31 on: 09/21/06 - 09:51AM »
Yes it is, but also we are trying to help grow a club, a park and any businesses that are willing to help support us.  I understand Junkyards concern and I hope we can please him.
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #32 on: 09/21/06 - 07:31PM »
As stated before, I have a contact who is willing to make a donation. I redirected him to the FAQ page at the 4xforum, and after he read through all of that, he only came up w/ a phone number for a contact link (Olena's-- I think). Is there any way possible that he could have a working e-mail address that he could send his info too? His whole thing w/ calling, is a hassle for him. He's a busy busy man, but is taking time out of his schedule to work up a nice package of off road gaming CD's. Plus HE'S covering the s&h charges. Lemme know what the next step needs to be, and there can a be a swap of information back 'n forth. Thanks......
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #33 on: 09/21/06 - 07:35PM »
PM'd you with info
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #34 on: 09/21/06 - 08:09PM »
I updated the FAQ to direct people to the contact page, where the email address and form for email is. It's called "Contact" in the main menu. :brows:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #35 on: 09/21/06 - 10:20PM »
Yes, thank you, thank you. Info received, and sent to the proper place. Thank you too Jimmy. :applaudit:
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #36 on: 09/23/06 - 07:37PM »
Well, got the tent out today, along w/ the EZ-Up canopy, to see whether or not it would work for camping, at the 4xfest. Sure 'nuff it does!
As seen in the pics below, I have a 10x10 EZ-Up, it has four sides that can be installed as well, there's a sun visor, plus... a banner sleeve spreading across  one side. Maybe someone could print off a paper banner or what not, saying something appropriate? I plan on using the canopy in conjunction w/ the tent, but if need be, I'm willing to loan it out for use on let's say...... Pre/Registration tent, welcome tent, or a snack tent. Believe me though, if it starts raining, I'll be the FIRST one under there, (especially  if there's food under there also!) lol. On the snack tent idea, I also have a 50 gal. galvanized water tank that could be used for a ice tub, w/ bottled water, or w/e bottle  :beerchug: if anyone here thinks that would be an idea, lemme know in advance. I'll get it ready too.

Pics of "Camp Big Ride", or... "Camp Crazy" (for agreeing to be B's co-pilot) :ahhhhh:

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: 09/24/06 - 12:43PM »
ok, just to let you know how the charity thing is (my view)

the fall 4x fest is for charity, cash donations go to charity. you arent giving them the park for free are you?

so in order to bring more people into the event to raise more money for the charity, businesses donate items for raffles and such.  this brings more people in to the event.

would alot of people come to the event just for the charity.....yes, but more would come if there are tons of things for them to have a chance to win.  that is where the business end starts and the charity stops.

so businesses want more business so can can afford to live, i donate an item for you to give away and in return my logo goes somewhere else.  now when i get people buying from me, next year i can afford more donations and even to sponsor the event.  our job is to give you products to give away to attract more people to your charity event.

i hope that helps, some people have good intentions on thier charity, but dont really know how they work. after all the folks in that charity get paid for what they do. charities are the most profitable businesses in the world.

now i know our club isnt in to the profit as they think they cannot have any.  we are in it for the good intentions and the helping of others. as a member and a business owner i follow the same beliefs, so dont think i am in it for the profits, but my family and i have to eat and live and be able to pay to go to these charitable events.  i hope that helps you out with why i want some coverage.  im a small fab shop who wants to grow, and offer some of the best prices for fab parts. i would love to be able to make so much money i could sponsor the event with tons of stuff, but this year a diff cover, next year who knows, 2 covers, adjustable tj links and more. we will have to see how business goes.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #38 on: 09/25/06 - 03:18PM »
THought everyone might like to know what kinda of traffic were gettin on the fall4xfest webite.

It's been almost 2 weeks since launch.

Check it out
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #39 on: 09/25/06 - 03:29PM »
That hit from Austrailia was probably from Pirate 4x4.  Nathan of MOROC posted that for us on there since he has a yellow star he can do that.  They have a lot of visiters from Aus. due to W.E. Rock.

Pretty cools stats you got there Jimmy!
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #40 on: 09/25/06 - 08:18PM »
Very Professional site and very professional stats   awesome      :applaudit:  :bounce:  :cool:  :bowdown:  :usflag:

Shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"