Author Topic: A Wonderful Wife  (Read 826 times)

Offline DBox

• Level 1
A Wonderful Wife
« on: 04/19/07 - 01:11AM »
I have a wonderful wife. I've known this for some time now but she just renewed my faith in her today. I was off today and tomorrow(That's just my screwed up schedule.) so I rode to town to have lunch with Yvonne. I have been shopping for an early model 4 wheel drive truck for a donor vehicle to build another Jeep with and I mentioned one that I was looking at but seems to be pretty well dogged out. Yvonne listened then said "Why don't you just find your body and use Dad's old truck?" Well, Dad's old truck is a 1970 3/4 ton Chevy that her Dad bought new in Salt Lake City. After his death a bunch of years ago his son got the truck and drove it a little while. Then he parked it and let the engine lock up. Then he took the spark plugs out and poured Marvel Mistery Oil in the cylinders AND LEFT THE PLUGS OUT FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS!  About 3 or 4 years ago he asked if we wanted the truck and we took it (free!). We drug it home and parked it behind the shop. This truck has a little rust in the normal places but is very straight. It has a 350, 4 speed, and lock out hubs but not much else. I can install power steering, air, and a few things to make it better. But hold on! I'm not the insensitive SOB some of you may think I am. I told her that there was no way I was going to cut up her Daddy's truck. We talked about getting this truck put together for a tow rig for the rest of her lunch time and I went home and pulled it out of the bushes and looked it over. When she got home it was decided that for now we'll work on this then then sell my 95 2wd F150 and buy a small run-a-round truck. I still have my CJ 7 with a for sale sign on it that can finance that next jeep. But then she says something else. There is a CJ2A willys out there in pretty sad shape and Yvonne says "Why don't we fix this for me. It wouldn't have to be too nice. Just a trail jeep" I have never loved my wife more than right now.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
Re: A Wonderful Wife
« Reply #1 on: 04/19/07 - 09:24AM »
AHHHHH How sweet!! But, you better be telling her too :agree:
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.