Author Topic: found this on ebay 12vlt turbo kit  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
Re: found this on ebay 12vlt turbo kit
« Reply #1 on: 10/19/06 - 12:33AM »
There is company that does show a hp and torque incress  
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 10/19/06 - 04:06PM »
thats alot of bread for the little power gains you get, 60 amps and 830 watts, how much drag is on the alternator.  all that is, is a fan sucking air in and giving a whopping 1-2 psi boost.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 10/19/06 - 05:07PM »
i dont see how it really works. cuz tubros and supercharger preasureizes the air going into the manifold. A fan is just pushing the air in faster.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #4 on: 10/19/06 - 05:38PM »
i read about these when i had my monte Z34 and a few guys i know tried them with zero results. one guy had the blades come apart and make into the intake manifiold on a grand prix.

they are a complete waste of money!!!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: 10/19/06 - 09:53PM »
in theory it works, it does pressurize the air going into the manifold, but it is only capable of a couple pounds of "boost".

the one problem is that is is directly in front of your intake and blades coming apart are a problem without some sort of screen over the opening.

most of the blades are plastic, however some of the ones we have where i work provide more air flow and have metal blades that are encapsulated.

while researching twin turbos for my 454 in my dually, i noticed a few things, these would yeild you small gains, but for what we use them for, they would not help us due to the lag you would feel.

some would say these wouldnt, but they still have to build up pressure to work and most of the air would be forced back out of you intake opening.

in a ram style intake, these would yeild you more as the air is already being forced in, the electric turbo would help. that is why they are using them on a drag car.

we just dont have the wind velocity in our favor
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com