Author Topic: YJ running rough help  (Read 1149 times)

Offline jfair

• Level 1
YJ running rough help
« on: 10/21/06 - 03:30PM »
Ihad it standing almost on the spair tire to make it up this hill and it has not ran right since.I had all my kc lights on and when I killed it the battery was dead.Now it has a miss and the volt gage will not come out of the red.Altenator was tested as good at Oreilly some I am lost here. Any advice from anyone who knows 1990 258s. I put adifferent battery in and checked the cap and timing.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: YJ running rough help
« Reply #1 on: 10/21/06 - 07:47PM »
You running a carb?  If so, which one, and does it have a filter right up by the carb intake?  Also, what kind of battery & did it leak any/all of the electrolytes from the cells?  Also, check all of the ground wires & any connectors along the lines leading out from the battery & the brain box.  Check all your plug wires & coil & distributer.  A tough weekend on your 17 year old rig can cause all manner of failures that are completely unrelated to a specific incident.  Oh, as an afterthought, check your rotor cap for cracks, that is famous for going out on the old 258s.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 10/22/06 - 12:26PM »
Iwill replace the filter and check the ground today and go from there.As far as the carb it is factory and I'm praying that the fuel injector gods will hook me up when I put a new motor in this winter.Thanks for the advice.

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 10/23/06 - 09:29PM »
hahaha...almost stood it on the spare.....hahaha.....drunk bastard.........

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 10/24/06 - 04:51PM »
Bite me. Does anyone know that mike eats rattlesnakes!!!!! What is mike 4089? Is 40 inches your height and89 your weight? Give me a call when you get this. :beerchug:

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 10/29/06 - 08:28AM »
Word of advice, if you cannot get your jeep to charge check the fuseable links on the fire wall.