Author Topic: Body lift questions  (Read 816 times)

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
Body lift questions
« on: 10/25/06 - 05:10PM »
OK, I'm stuffing the tires on my tj way to much.  I'm thinking a body lift will help me fix my problem.  

I'm trying to decide between 1, or 2 inches.

I already have a 2.5 inch suspention lift, but I did not have to change any driveline angles.  Other than haveing to trim some metal for my shifter, what other problems should I be ready to deal with?
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
Re: Body lift questions
« Reply #1 on: 10/25/06 - 05:34PM »
2" TRUST ME, ADVANCE ADAPTER TRASFER CASE BRACKET FOR SHIFTER
($35).

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 10/26/06 - 10:44AM »
for a good budget boost try to find some fifth wheel bushings they are 2.25 in   and work great they still have some give like the factory body mounts.  Let me know if interested I might be able to round up some.  they also work great for a spring spacer I just put a set on my 93 and it looks great
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 10/26/06 - 11:08AM »
I have a 2in on mine and the only thing I had to do that I wish I wouldn't of is cut my inner shift boot because I couldn't shift into the back 3 gears, but I rigged a new one up, which was needed to keep out the engine heat and road noise. I also had to cut a little spot out by the radiator to make that all fit, nothing a dremel can't handle.

Everything else went pretty smooth. I bought the performance accessories one from 4wd.com
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.