Author Topic: DROID  (Read 4733 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
DROID
« on: 02/ 9/10 - 10:33PM »
anybody else have the new motorola droid? what are your favorite apps? anybody brave enough to void the warranty and root it?
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Re: DROID
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 9/10 - 10:54PM »
A friend of mine got the droid and I played around on it today, it was very nice and looked like a good phone. Very quick and the touchscreen worked great. Dont think she is gunna root it though.
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline trblmkr4

« Reply #2 on: 03/25/10 - 05:34PM »
root it?

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 03/25/10 - 05:48PM »
root it?

Similar to Jailbreaking an iPhone.

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 03/25/10 - 06:29PM »
Got to admit... I've been a windows mobile user for years, but after using the Droid Eris for the past few months I am going to put my Touch Pro 2 on Ebay. I'm patiently waiting for the next update which will give me some new functionality (The Eris is running v1.5 and it will go to v2.1), but I was happy to give up the good business side of Windows Mobile in exchange for the better browsing of Android.
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline draykas

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 08/17/10 - 04:16PM »
Yep got the droid rooted and nothing better. It is like taking a nice jeep throwing lift kit with some tires and running the trail. good apps wifi hotspot, overclock(go fast :-) ) and inclinometer....etc. using froyo 2.2 build for you techies. it was easier than putting my front bumper on the jeep since I did it at the same time in the garage.
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon

Offline draykas

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 2/11 - 11:37AM »
I have a droid 1. havent got lastest and greatest droid waiting for the 4g version. I do have mine rooted and overclocked. Running simply stunning with 1.2 ghz kernel. favorite app iss wireless tether! if you dont know what that all means it is like a jeep with good flexible lift and supercharger ;-D
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon