Author Topic: *Edited* New wheels for the daily driver. Custom powedercoated fake beadlocks...  (Read 4581 times)

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
So I finally bit the bullet and ponied up the money for the wheels that I have wanted forever! Picked up a set of polished aluminum American Racing ATX Mojave wheels with the chrome plated "fake" beadlock rings. These are way to BLING for me so I am taking them to the powder coater tommorrow. I cant decide on what color to have the actual wheel coated with. I'm thinking either the same color as my wheels now which are sort of silver/gunmetal or Satin black. I'm leaning more towards Satin black. The rings are definately going to be white to match the truck.

These are the new wheels:

Here is a pic of a toyota with a black/white combo:

Here are my wheels now for color referance:

So, as of now I'm leaning towards satin black wheels with white beadlock rings. What do you guys think? I'm open to ideas on other color combos too.
« Last Edit: 03/27/10 - 01:04AM by 90finder »
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
i would keep the wheel as is, and do the ring in flat black. and coat the center cap and lugs black as well.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
I thought about doing that too and I've seen some pics online where it looks really good but polished aluminum is just way to much BLING for my taste.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
what about the face of the wheel black, and the inside lip of the holes left polished?

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
Thats not a bad idea. I'm going to play around with photshop and see what it would look like. I wonder if the powdercoater could make that happen....

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
It shouldn't be too hard. Just put corks in the holes. That would leave that inside lip coverd during coating.

Offline upnovr

• Level 1
Black definatly. A gloss Black would look great.

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
So the color decisions were made as the wheels came back from the sand blaster today after removing the chrome on the fake beadlock rings and the smooth finish of the polished wheel. The wheel color will be Semi Gloss Black and the beadlock ring will be Gloss White. Its looking like they will be finished tomorrow. I'll post up some pics once they are finished.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
cant wait to see some pics. im wanting to get my alum wheels powder coated or something. i think im doing a satin or flat black though.

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
So the deed is done. Wheels are mounted up and on the truck. It was about to get dark so I snapped a real quick shitty picture. I'll clean it up this weekend and take some better pictures and better quality close ups.

« Last Edit: 03/28/10 - 02:25AM by 90finder »