Author Topic: Avalanche Pre Runner rear bumper build  (Read 4856 times)

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
Avalanche Pre Runner rear bumper build
« on: 04/ 6/10 - 06:19PM »
So were using an el cheapo tube bender from harbor frieght over and decided to test it out by building a N-FAB style Pre Runner rear bumper for my Avalanche. We wanted to practice on this piece before we finish the front EXO for the pathfinder. It took a few tried to get the hang of bending the tube. What I am using is 2 1/2" .120 wall DOM and .95 wall 1" pipe. We were having problems with the tube looking "pinched" at the bends due to the tube not being tight in the dye. We ended up welding a bead on the inside edge of the dye and it solved that problem by keeping the tube from being able to expand in the dye. Bends turned out great!

This is the look I was going for:

This is what it looked like last night. We are finishing it tonight and then will give it a coat of paint. I'll post up some finished pictures tomorrow night.

I wanted it to match the front that I built last year.

Next weekend hopefully I will get the Pathfinder EXO finished. : )
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: Avalanche Pre Runner rear bumper build
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 6/10 - 10:47PM »
looks real good!!!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 7/10 - 05:14PM »
Thanks! Here are the finished pics. I'm pretty happy with it overall, especialy being the first time I've messed with any tube... Big thanks go out to Chris Talbert for making this happen. I'll be posting up some info on him as he will be offering up more services like this for a GREAT PRICE going forward.

This one I just really liked becuase it looks like a toy truck...

1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline oiw

« Reply #3 on: 08/31/10 - 02:50PM »
Nice looks good why buy it when its so much fun to build it.I blow my H/F bender up last week,the welds just gave out.Scared the Blank out of me.