Author Topic: oil pressure sending unit  (Read 1294 times)

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
oil pressure sending unit
« on: 05/28/10 - 11:14PM »
My CEL is on. I think it's because of fluctuating oil pressure. I've done some reading on similar people with this problem and I think the sending unit/switch is bad. When I'm accelerating, the pressure is fine, when I'm in neutral and idling, it drops and sometimes down to 20 or lower and feels like she's going to stall.

Q1 - I've read that this is easy to replace. Should I buy one from the dealer or just one from O'Reilly?

Q2 - It's located near the oil filter on the passenger side of the engine block right?

2.5L Low output engine.
WTF is a Palm Beach Edition?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: oil pressure sending unit
« Reply #1 on: 05/29/10 - 12:58PM »
Replace it with any brand. 

Not sure where at on 2.5

You say it feels like it's going to stall are the rpm's dropping below normal idle?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 05/29/10 - 05:01PM »
Yeah when i go into neutral the oil pressure drops and the rpms drop as well. When the rpms drop it kinda stutters until I give it gas or shift into gear and start driving.
WTF is a Palm Beach Edition?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 05/29/10 - 08:09PM »
Doesn't sound like symptoms of a sending unit.  I've had YJ's that read 0 oil pressure and never stuttered. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato