Author Topic: New here, new to a wrangler and I have some questions  (Read 713 times)

Offline Onestringer

I am going through my midlife crisis.  I wanted a blonde, buy my red head wife said no.  We settled on a Jeep.  Now I am the proud owner if a 1999 wrangler.  Its a 4.0L 5 speed.  The first thing I did was lift it 2", but some cool wheels to go on 31" tires, and wrap it in camo.  Now I have a few questions for people who know things.

5th gear has no power, I have to downshift on every hill, is this normal?

The oil gauge fluctuates and goes to almost zero when at idle, normal?

Back to the 5th gear, my jeep really does not want to run faster the 70 mph.  Any ideas here?

Oh, when is the next trail ride and how can I get involved?

Scott

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: New here, new to a wrangler and I have some questions
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 1/10 - 01:40AM »
Follow events in the Trail Rides section or attend a club meeting the first Thurs of every month at the Library Center on S. Campbell.

Oil Pressure is likely to be be sending unit as long as jeep runs good and makes no noise.  Either way it's a cheap part.

5th gear is useless in jeeps with anything oversized in the tire dept if you have 3.07 gears.  However if you are really lacking power it might be symptom of some bigger problem.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato