Author Topic: input on pathfinder- head gasket??  (Read 1003 times)

Offline KDGNCOP

• Level 2
input on pathfinder- head gasket??
« on: 06/ 3/10 - 11:00PM »
hope this is the right place, never posted on anything other than my wrangler, but

looking at nissan pathfinder.  overheating, overflows out of resevoir tank, not visible leaks at all.  did pressure test, no leaks, had test done to check for exhaust gas in coolant and none.  shop is wanting to tear in as they suggest it's heads or head gasket. 

with no leaks anywhere, this sound like right place to start??
quot;go BIG, or go HOME!!"

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Re: input on pathfinder- head gasket??
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 4/10 - 01:04AM »
so does it just overheat and spew out the resi? any other symptoms?
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 06/ 4/10 - 09:55AM »
sounds like a plugged up heater core. Try flushing it out... just don't do it full blast.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline KDGNCOP

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 06/ 4/10 - 10:00AM »
yep. overheats really easy, worse under load, and smells aweful!  thats why shop thought burning it, but then test didn't confirm.  pulled back carpet, not leaking from heater core.  just gets really hot and comes out the overflow tank
quot;go BIG, or go HOME!!"

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 06/ 5/10 - 02:41PM »
Have you checked to make sure the lower radiator house isn't kinked or clogged? Or any other hose for that matter? My old pathfinder had similar problems and it ended up being a kinked lower radiator hose which was the last thing I thought to look at. Also, have you checked to make sure the radiator isn't clogged and that the water pump is functioning properly.
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....