Author Topic: Got me a tow rig  (Read 3371 times)

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
Got me a tow rig
« on: 08/ 4/10 - 03:07PM »
Finally picked one up a few days ago, got it for a great deal from someone we know through wheeling. '95 12v Cummins, 1 ton. I love it already. Just gotta get a trailer now!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Got me a tow rig
« Reply #1 on: 08/17/10 - 04:40PM »
Looks good.  Someone has done some updates if that's a 95.  Since a 95 would have chrome missors and NO 3RD door which I see in the pic.  3rd gen wheels look god on there.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 08/17/10 - 06:16PM »
Good eye Aaron, for whatever reason it's got a '99 Quad cab on it. (but still a clean title?) But I like it more than the cab it would have stock. And thanks, I do love the wheels on it.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 08/17/10 - 07:20PM »
I kinda figured someone had swapped cabs or titles.  It could have been rolled and still be clean if they didn't turn into insurance.  That's where 80% of the info on carfax is sourced. 

Looks good, make sure you get good travel on your throttle cable, downside of 12 valves is they stretch and you don't get to wide open throttle.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 08/17/10 - 09:04PM »
It could have been rolled and still be clean if they didn't turn into insurance. 

Looks good, make sure you get good travel on your throttle cable, downside of 12 valves is they stretch and you don't get to wide open throttle.

That's what I'm thinking too. No other reason for a cab swap that I could think of.

I'll look into the throttle cable, that's the first I've heard about that. It seems like it's getting WOT, but I'll have to check now.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 08/20/10 - 03:03PM »
Good eye Aaron, for whatever reason it's got a '99 Quad cab on it. (but still a clean title?) But I like it more than the cab it would have stock. And thanks, I do love the wheels on it.
ditto
 plus its a shorty Nice truck!!!!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 08/20/10 - 03:25PM »
it is the right color too.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.