Author Topic: Campaign promises  (Read 1587 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Campaign promises
« on: 11/ 5/10 - 07:51PM »
So Hope a Dope (Obama) promised no new taxes on anyone making less than 250K annually.  Saying that 95% of America will pay no more in taxes.

I find it interesting that allowing the Bush tax breaks to expire don't break this promise. While it is true, that is not going to be a new tax.  I believe it will raise the amount paid in for most tax paying individuals. 

So what say the jeeping masses?  Is this he a broken promise to go with the rest of them?  You know the, I'll bring the troops home as soon as I'm in office, and all the other hype that we all knew (at least those of us with the ability to think) was going to work great until Inauguration day?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: Campaign promises
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 6/10 - 06:42AM »
Thankfully since the Republicans took back the house Obama is having a change of heart about letting the Bush tax cuts expire.

I have never understood the concept of the Democrats thinking they should force (punish) the people who have-make a lot of money pay for the people who don't. Furthermore how do the Democrats pick the magic number of who has too much money and should pay higher tax rates? Shouldn't everyone pay fair taxes?

I don't think he has broken any of his promises--He is well on his way of bringing America down---you know "CHANGE"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Campaign promises
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 6/10 - 03:58PM »
Exactly, what makes the determination of wealthy American?  I mean 250K a year is a very high standard of living HERE, but it doesn't carry the same level if you were living in NYC, or even more so in Cali. 

I agree with a flat tax (ie fair tax) it should be the same on the first dollar I make in the year as the last.  How many of them I make is up to factors I some what control.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato