Author Topic: I'm full of questions lately  (Read 1068 times)

Offline mmartin

• Level 1
I'm full of questions lately
« on: 01/ 4/11 - 08:35PM »
Having another issue, whenever I switch gears or let off on the gas my Jeep jerks to the right.  I have 80% slip diff's, is that just the way they are or do I possibly need more limited slip additive? 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: I'm full of questions lately
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 6/11 - 05:38PM »
I would try more additive, but with short wheel base any kind of traction device alters that aspect of driving.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 8/11 - 04:47AM »
Is this a new problem, or has your Jeep always pulled to the right when you let off and now it's getting worse?

I just read your other post about you replacing your bushings in your leaf springs--loose u-bolts and wore out bushings will sure make your Jeep jump around when shifting and letting off. If you have already replaced your bushings make sure the u-bolts are still tight.
« Last Edit: 01/ 8/11 - 04:55AM by mrfast »

Offline mmartin

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 01/15/11 - 09:44AM »
I think it is a new problem but I had TSL swampers on it before so it just overall drove like crap.  I decided to get rid of the lift shackles with the advice from Jeff at 4WS to cure a few different problems with shock placement and driveline vibrations.  After this snow that hit my jeep was all over the place in 2WD so I added another 4oz of additive to the rear diff and it seems to be helping a lot.  I can stay in my lane without having to crank on the steering wheel between gears.

As usual thank you guys for your help and advice.  It is appreciated.